Posts by nmadrane

Hi AFL,

I am trying to build 8.0.1i from source.

I get an error with media_build. It seems that there is a problem with the following patch file : packages/linux-drivers/media_build/patches/media_build-02-add-to-backports.patch

Here is the error message :

Code
    CLEAN    media_build
          * Removing build.LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-devel/media_build-2017-04-17 ...
      UNPACK   media_build
          APPLY PATCH (common)   /home/nabil/LIBREELEC/AFL/8.0.1i/LibreELEC.tv/packages/linux-drivers/media_build/patches/media_build-01-remove-rmmod.pl.patch
    patching file v4l/Makefile
          APPLY PATCH (common)   /home/nabil/LIBREELEC/AFL/8.0.1i/LibreELEC.tv/packages/linux-drivers/media_build/patches/media_build-02-add-to-backports.patch
    patching file backports/backports.txt
    patch: **** malformed patch at line 19:  add v4.8_user_pages_flag.patch

When I compare the content of backports.txt and what the patch is trying to do, it seems that this is the wrong patch (or maybe the wrong version of backports.txt).

Would you please check that on your side ?

PS : If I disable this patch, I get a lot of errors when compiling, like this one :

/aml_dmx.c:3874:7: error: 'DMX_SOURCE_FRONT0_OFFSET' undeclared (first use in this function)
    case DMX_SOURCE_FRONT0_OFFSET:

Thanks a lot.

LibreELEC is using original android partitioning for internal flash memory (unchanged). To fix issue with partitions you have to install original android image.

Do you mean 1) reinstall original Android and 2) boot on Librelec SD card to install your distrbution ?

That's exactly what I did at the beginning. My brand new box had Android, I built 8.0.1b from source, I put the .img on a SD card (with Win32 Disk Imager), I booted with toothpick method and I started using Librelec right after.

Have you ever tried to burn SD with my image?
    In my builds is dtb.img for KI Plus already included in SD image. Kszaq's device trees you can use only for test as there is no description for internal tuner.

Just to make sure I am not doing something stupid here.

In VideoStrong K1 Plus, there are 4 USB ports and a slot for SD Card. I supppose that it boots on the SD slot, not on the USB ports, right ?

I also tried Win32 Disk Imager, I burnt the .img (after gunzip, since Win32 Disk Imager accepts only img files), and then I inserted the SD card in the SD slot of the box. Then toothpick method. But still same result : it enters recovery mode.

I also tried your suggestion : install Android first and then do the whole procedure again. Same result.

I have no more ideas. Please help :(

Hi,

In all my tests I always installed LibreELEC by creating an Amlogic update package :
    PROJECT=S905 ARCH=arm make amlpkg

It gives me a xxx-update.zip file
    Here is how I install it :
    - I put this zip file on a SD card
    - I boot the box to recovery (toothpick method)
    - I get this screen (see attachment)
    - I then go to "Update from EXT" and I select the zip file from the SD card

It works but I see that this procedure is not documented in thread-5556.html

So I tried the suggested way, but I can't get a working bootable SD card. Here is what I did :

1. I build everything by using PROJECT=S905 ARCH=arm make image
    2. I found a xxx.img.gz in the target folder
    3. I launch Rufus on a PC and select this xxx.img.gz
    4. I put the SD card in my K1 Plus (I am using VideoStrong K1 Plus)
    5. I use the toothpick method

It doesn't work, I can't boot on the SD card. I see the boot logo and then it enters the recovery menu (same as picture in attachment). I tried that hundred times, no matter what I do, it always enters the recovery menu with the toothpick method and never boots from my SD card :(

In thread-5556.html , there is a paragraph mentioning that I should put a dtb.img at the root of the SD card :

Download a device tree as instructed above and rename it to dtb.img. Copy the renamed file to main folder of SD card/USB drive - replace the one that's already there

Is this still true for AFL1 builds ? Can I take them from Index of /s905/device_trees/ ?

Thanks

Media_build has non standard build procedure. There is some kind of caching causing issue to apply patches.
    Try to manually clean media_build:
    PROJECT=S905 ARCH=arm scripts/clean media_build
    and then:
    PROJECT=S905 ARCH=arm make image

I already tried that. I even cleaned everything and did a fresh git clone. I have the same problem with branch 7.95.beta6 :(

Looking at the error, there is something strange :

APPLY PATCH (project) /home/nabil/LIBREELEC/AFL/8.0.1b/http://LibreELEC.tv/projects/S905/patches/media_build/media_build-fix.patch
    can't find file to patch at input line 5
    Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |diff --git a/media_build/v4l/compat.h b/media_build/v4l/compat.h
    |index aee654a..03e1882 100644
    |--- a/media_build/v4l/compat.h
    |+++ b/media_build/v4l/compat.h
    File to patch:

The path in the patch file shouldn't be /media_build/v4l/compat.h. It should be /v4l/compat.h.

So I solved it by manually editing these 2 patch files :

projects/S905/patches/media_build/media_build-fix.patch
    projects/S905/patches/media_build/media_build-frame_vector_workaround.patch

Hi,
    I am trying to compile from source :

1. I got the source using :
    git clone -b 8.0.1b GitHub - afl1/LibreELEC.tv: 'Just enough OS' for Kodi (btw, is that the right branch to get ?)

2. I build (on Ubuntu 16.04 64 bits) :
    PROJECT=S905 ARCH=arm make image

I get the following error in package "media_build"

UNPACK media_build
    APPLY PATCH (common) /home/nabil/LIBREELEC/AFL/8.0.1b/http://LibreELEC.tv/packages/linux-drivers/media_build/patches/media_build-01-remove-rmmod.pl.patch
    patching file v4l/Makefile
    APPLY PATCH (common) /home/nabil/LIBREELEC/AFL/8.0.1b/http://LibreELEC.tv/packages/linux-drivers/media_build/patches/media_build-02-add-to-backports.patch
    patching file backports/backports.txt
    APPLY PATCH (common) /home/nabil/LIBREELEC/AFL/8.0.1b/http://LibreELEC.tv/packages/linux-drivers/media_build/patches/media_build-03-fix-menuconfig.patch
    patching file v4l/Kconfig.staging
    APPLY PATCH (project) /home/nabil/LIBREELEC/AFL/8.0.1b/http://LibreELEC.tv/projects/S905/patches/media_build/media_build-fix.patch
    can't find file to patch at input line 5
    Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
    The text leading up to this was:
    |diff --git a/media_build/v4l/compat.h b/media_build/v4l/compat.h
    |index aee654a..03e1882 100644
    |--- a/media_build/v4l/compat.h
    |+++ b/media_build/v4l/compat.h
    File to patch:

It seems that patches from "media_build" cant' be applied.
    Even if I remove that specific patch, I get the same error with next patch file.

Thanks

to build kszaq not going to add drivers, the problem in the kernel, was checking it, he kszaq knows this, but it is not known what causes the problem.
    I added the drivers to the 009, but stops at the logo amlogic.
    krzaq knows the problem.

Hi, have you worked on the same code source than the one below ?

If yes, would you please tell me how to convert it to a format suitable for the kernel ? (I mean with Kbuild files etc.)

=========================

AVL6862_2.10.7-R848:
    . .. 2.10.7

AVL6862_2.10.7-R848/2.10.7:
    . .. docs Readme.txt ReleaseNotes.txt sdk_examples sdk_src tuner utils

AVL6862_2.10.7-R848/2.10.7/docs:
    . .. AVL68XX_SDK_Porting_Guide.pdf

AVL6862_2.10.7-R848/2.10.7/sdk_examples:
    . .. AVL68XX_example

AVL6862_2.10.7-R848/2.10.7/sdk_examples/AVL68XX_example:
    . .. AVL68XX_PortingExample.c Linux VC2008

AVL6862_2.10.7-R848/2.10.7/sdk_examples/AVL68XX_example/Linux:
    . .. Makefile

AVL6862_2.10.7-R848/2.10.7/sdk_examples/AVL68XX_example/VC2008:
    . AVL68XX_examples.ncb AVL68XX_examples.suo AVL68XX_LockChannel.vcproj.BJ.chenxg.user Release
    .. AVL68XX_examples.sln AVL68XX_LockChannel.vcproj I2CAgent.c

AVL6862_2.10.7-R848/2.10.7/sdk_examples/AVL68XX_example/VC2008/Release:
    . .. BuildLog.htm

AVL6862_2.10.7-R848/2.10.7/sdk_src:
    . AVL_Demod_Config.c AVL_Demod_DVBTx.c AVL_Demod_Patch_DVBCFw.h user_defined_function.c
    .. AVL_Demod_DVBC.c AVL_Demod_DVBTx.h AVL_Demod_Patch_DVBSxFw.h user_defined_function.h
    AVL_Demod_CommonAPI.c AVL_Demod_DVBC.h AVL_Demod.h AVL_Demod_Patch_DVBTxFw.h
    AVL_Demod_CommonInternal.c AVL_Demod_DVBSx.c AVL_Demod_ISDBT.c AVL_Demod_Patch_ISDBTFw.h
    AVL_Demod_CommonInternal.h AVL_Demod_DVBSx.h AVL_Demod_ISDBT.h user_defined_data_type.h

AVL6862_2.10.7-R848/2.10.7/tuner:
    . .. AV2011 AVL_Tuner.h MxL601 MxL608 R848_V25

AVL6862_2.10.7-R848/2.10.7/tuner/AV2011:
    . .. ExtAV2011.c ExtAV2011.h

AVL6862_2.10.7-R848/2.10.7/tuner/MxL601:
    . MxL601.c MxL601_Main.c MxL601_TunerApi.c MxL601_TunerCfg.h MxL_Debug.h
    .. MxL601_Features.h MxL601_OEM_Drv.c MxL601_TunerApi.h MxL601_TunerSpurTable.c
    MaxLinearDataTypes.h MxL601.h MxL601_OEM_Drv.h MxL601_TunerCfg.c MxL601_TunerSpurTable.h

AVL6862_2.10.7-R848/2.10.7/tuner/MxL608:
    . MxL608_Features.h MxL608_OEM_Drv.c MxL608_TunerCfg.c
    .. MxL608.h MxL608_OEM_Drv.h MxL608_TunerCfg.h
    MxL608.c MxL608_Main.c MxL608_TunerApi.c MxL608_TunerSpurTable.c
    MxL608_Debug.h MxL608_MaxLinearDataTypes.h MxL608_TunerApi.h MxL608_TunerSpurTable.h

AVL6862_2.10.7-R848/2.10.7/tuner/R848_V25:
    . .. R848_API.c R848_API.h R848.c R848.h R848_I2C.c R848_I2C.h

AVL6862_2.10.7-R848/2.10.7/utils:
    . .. convert_cpp_to_c.bat convert_c_to_cpp.bat Readme.txt

Thanks kszaq, I will ask Videostrong for the driver source code. I think it is AVL 6862 for K1 Plus.
    [hr]

Ok, I got the source code for AVL 6862. It is supposed to work with K1 Plus combo DVB T2+S2.

kszaq, can I contact you in PM ? I have basic idea on how to integrate it in the kernel tree and I need some help.

Sorry kszaq, I just realized that you are not reachable by PM. Could you please tell me if the following tree is ok ? There are no Kbuild files in the source code that I received. I just want to make sure that I have received the right stuff.

Driver for internal tuners is closed source and not available in my kernel tree. You need to obtain and add the driver to kernel source. Unfortunately I can't help on that matter.

Thanks kszaq, I will ask Videostrong for the driver source code. I think it is AVL 6862 for K1 Plus.
    [hr]

Ok, I got the source code for AVL 6862. It is supposed to work with K1 Plus combo DVB T2+S2.

kszaq, can I contact you in PM ? I have basic idea on how to integrate it in the kernel tree and I need some help.

Hi,

I am trying to build kszaq's LE from git.

I am targeting K1 Plus with combo DVB S2+T2 (from VideoStrong) :

git clone GitHub - kszaq/LibreELEC.tv: 'Just enough OS' for Kodi
    PROJECT=S905 ARCH=aarch64 make release

It works and I managed to install it on my box. However DVB is not enabled by default when you compile the source tree from git.

So I tried to configure the kernel with DVB support by modifying file projects/S905/linux/linux.aarch64.conf

I just put : CONFIG_AM_DVB=y

But this is not enough. During kernel build, it doesn't ask me which DVB frontend drivers I want to compile, etc.

Does anyone have a valid configuration/option file for building with DVB support ?

Thanks.