Posts by davembg

Are you using the TronSmart ARA5? Device type matters with all those optimizations, some of which are actually defaults regardless of compiler options.
    For instance -msse and -msse2 are enabled by default when compiling 64bit.
    -march=native might even work better than enabling every version of sse, which seems redundant.

Optimizations like -O1, -O2, or -O3 might also improve size, memory, speed, etc.

thanks - I added the TARGET_CPU="silvermont" line in projects/Generic/option just after the first case statement.

This change is for devices based-on the Intel CherryTrail processor.
    In my case, Amazon.com: Tronsmart Ara X5 Plus Windows 10 TV Box Cherry Trail Z8300 Quad Core 1.8G Gen 8 Graphics GPU 2G/32G 2.4Ghz/5Ghz LAN HDMI H.265 XBMC BT4.0 USB3.0: Computers & Accessories

Using Windows on this device is a crime against nature, and should be punished with
    an endless loop of the ORIGINAL Wolfenstein theme during your allocated sleep duration.
    :@

I tried "export", I tried it on the make line (PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 TARGET_CPU=silvermont make image), I searched this forum.....

The only way I could make it "stick" is to edit the config/arch.x86_64 file and add it after the first logic block.

I'm a noob...is there a doc with user-config variables like TARGET_CPU and how to set them for LibreElec?

thanks!