Posts by kaefert

Hey there!

I've installed LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.90.008 alpha on an Rapsberry Pi2 and found that 3D MVC ISO playback works!
    Sadly, after detailed tests I found that this playback will loose the information of every second line

I suspect this is because as I read somewhere XBMC does not know of MVC, so the part that enables MVC fakes it beeing T&B 3D.

See the attached close-up photographs of my silver screen through 3d-glasses showing the same scene containing brunt-in text once on my mede8er and once on the pi2. In the mede8er shot you can see much more details on the text.

Now to the questions:
    1.) Is my above assessment correct, that this is due to this "fake T&B"?
    2.) Will this problem exist for every device running xbmc playing MVC without an external player to handle it?

okey? illegal & banned repositories? Sorry, I had no idea such a thing existed.

escalade thanks for links related to what I was asking for, dstat & htop.
    Would you (or anybody else who finds the time and knows) be so kind to explain what to do with those links, is there a way to install one or both of these tools on LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.90.008 alpha?

Hey there!
    I share the wish to have htop (and I'd also like dstat) on my xmbc system, which in my case is an raspberry pi2 armv7 system, not x86_64 - running LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.90.008 alpha.

I've found that the xmbc repository "SuperRepo" [deleted] contains an htop package, and I managed to install the repository on my system and found htop using the search, but the install button doesn't install but only gets me back up one level.

Also I've found this forum entry:
    openelec 4.1 unofficial repo - WeTek Community Forum
    in which an addon.xml was posted that contains both htop and dstat. But sadly first I have no idea what to do with an addon.xml and secondly 4.1 sounds like hugely out of date since we're at 7.90.

Comments? Hints? Help? Thanks :)

I've installed LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.90.008 alpha on my raspberry pi2

LibreELEC:~ # uname -a
    Linux LibreELEC 4.8.4 #1 SMP Wed Oct 26 03:33:43 BST 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux

One of the bugs I've observed is that when I configure xmbc to use the visualizer "WavforHue" it will restart xmbc when trying to play any music file after playing around half a second of the file (the kodi process, the undrlying linux does not reboot).

[is this the correct place to report bugs like these?]