Posts by chessplayer

mmpp , if I understand you correctly in the thread you linked above, it is no longer possible to force RGB output, am I correct? I ran into this problem as well and it is definitely not a problem of the cable (works with a different box).

So. also here, any hint would be appreciated.

Cheers,

chessplayer

Maybe you could read those reports about LE doesn't work on S905W too. :)

Great Idea. Do you have a link? Because, as I said, the discussion over at kodinerds led me to believe otherwise :/

And I would like to add that I tried this myself yesterday, but also ran into the discoloration problem described here. Also, getting it working "in principle" by using the builds and device trees for 905X happened as described in that thread.

Hi kszaq ,

first of all, I would like to thank you very much for all the work you are doing here!:thumbup::cool:

Now, I have not read all the 100+ pages here, so I do not know whether anyone has already brought this up, but, following up on a discussion over at kodinerds I think it is safe to say that the builds for 905X also work for 905W (another indicator can be found here) .

So, maybe you could update the title for this thread as well as for your corresponding HowTo accordingly?

Cheers,

chessplayer

Ok, I'll keep checking and thanks for the heads up!

Cheers,

chessplayer

P.S.: The WP1 really has a lot of problems (no Wifi tethering (at least not working) and Live TV output with stuttering, which can only be mediated, but not completely avoided as far as I can tell). But it works fine as a backend for my Nvidia Shield and as a PVR, so I am not ready to throw it away yet ...

Thanks for getting back to me on this. I fear that the Wetek-Play (with the old chipset) is the unloved child in the Amlogic family and none of the media builds seem to support it.

Too bad, since I believe I have found the perfect way to make use of the box. The problem with using it directly is that LiveTV playback soemtimes freezes for a second and playing around with buffering in the advanced settings can mitigate the problem, but not get rid of it. However, when I use the box as a backend for my Nvidia Shield (and as a recording device) , all the output problems disappaear.

Anyway, for the multi-tuner option I will just have to make use of my Sundtek-Sticks, of which I also own a sufficient number :angel:

Hi guys,

according to the Blogpost announcing the 8.2 release of LibreELEC, the XBOX ONE Digital TV Tuner should be recognized by LibreELEC. In fact, this does work on the RPi3, but not on the Wetek Play (AML 8726-MX).

On the Wetek Play the version I am using is LibreELEC (official): 8.2.0 (WeTek_Play.arm) while on the RPi3 it is LibreELEC (official): 8.2.0.1 (RPi2.arm).

I am not entirely sure anymore, but I believe that with the 8.1.2 BETA, the tuner was recognized on the Wetek Play as well.

Has anyone made the same experience and/or does anyone know what must be done to fix this?

Cheers,

chessplayer

2 issues I see here chessplayer. First I have no WP. Second I don't see any benefits for my build over official besides me being a bit faster releasing alpha builds for LE9.

Thanks for getting back to me on this! Actually, I am only now beginning to understand that it is now possible to use the SkyGO plugin with Krypton. On the Nvidia Shield, I needed a Leia-based APK and for the RPi3 I was under the impression that everything only worked with Milhouses Leia-builds.

So, based on your input above, I tried all the necessary steps including obtaining the libwidevinecdm and installing SkyGo from the kodinerds repo and that actually works with the 8.1.1 Beta on the WP. Great stuff, thank you! :thumbup::)

If he is looking for the vdr backend it should be in services

exactly, but, as I said, while the situation is strange, it is not really worth pursuing. The only thing I would still like to add is that an update of the wetek-play with openELEC (now libreELEC) on sd card worked flawlessly. There, I had a strange behavior after the NAND install, but that was also easily solved.

Anyway, thanks guys for spending the time to look into this.

and please use "cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | pate" so we don't have to suffer reading logs copy/pasted into forum posts.

Ok, so did that (with paste instead of pate) and got this link. Does that tell you anything?

EDIT: Anyway, thanks for your help, but this is not really worth pursuing any further. I did a fresh install on another SD card and there everything is ok. Since it takes me at most ten minutes to get everything set up the way I want it from a fresh install, this is much more economical regarding time.

First, thanks for your reply. I did what you suggested just now. I still do not see the add-on. Here is some output from the debug log:

So, I guess this means that there is nothing to report about the pvr (the respective search in the log file returns nothing). Or is there something else I could be looking for?

Hi guys,

does anyone know what the deal is with the VDR PVR backend for the RPI2/3 (version 7.0.2)? It does not appear in the list of installabble services, which is really bad, since all my devices use that. I have it up and running on Wetek-boxes, so I am wondering why it does not seem to be available for the RPi? :@

On the Weteks, coming from OpenELEC, I was able to simply update the add-ons that had been there before. On the RPi, this did not work with the VDR backend and now I am left with nothing (please do not tell me to have a look at tvheadend; I am familiar with VDR and just love the LIVE interface, so tvheadend is not an option for me).

Cheers,

chessplayer

That doesn't really make sense. The only reason I could think is that an Internet connection wasn't available because the language packs are installed as add-ons.

Well, for whatever reason this might have happened (it did have the ethernet cable plugged in), there was no choice of language in the UI. I do realize that this is strange since only when you make a choice the respective language add-on is installed as you said. However, before I did the manual update, I even rebooted but to no avail.

So, should this happen to anyone else, it might be good to know that after a subsequent manual update (to the same version no less :P ), everything was fine, so this was not really a problem.

chesspalyer

Hi everyone,

I would like to point out that after the NAND-install the only language available was English. Therefore, I had to follow that up with a manual install via the /storage/.upload folder, which gave me a choice of languages. Both these procedures are described on the LibreELEC website. As pointed out above, however, the reset button is not on any side panel, but rather on the underbelly of the device.

Other than that: things seem to be working well enough, so thanks to the LibreELEC team! :)