Posts by GunPoint69

Hello all,
    glad to see some one working on s802 again two thumbs up!!

everything is working beautifull as far as i have tested except the remote the remote is driving me a bit bat shit crazy the only buttons not working at the moment are volume +/- and I cannot power on the device after power down
    I have read every post on here
    I am sure I have tried everything sugested but i still cant seem to get it working
    I am running S802 M8 matricom gbox q
    I have the original remote.config file and copied /reboot with remote.config in all the locations suggested and still no dice
    also tried button remapping still no dice
    I have tried 8.0 rc 1, 2 and currently on rc4e
    and testing 8.0.1a
    can anyone shine some light on the situation or having these issues?

**update- 8.0.1a installs nice no remote function at all with or with out remote.config file
    wireless keyboard works

Try putting the original matricom remote.config back in and then download keymap editor from kodi repo and try manually mapping the volume keys that way

Sent from my S600 using Tapatalk

Hey chunk thanks for the reply however I have tried with keymap editor and I did manage to get the back and ok buttons working but still no volume keys even with full usb keyboard

one attempt I made copying the remote.conf file to bin folder and reboot back up and running press volume key and the volume did appear and disappear for a few seconds but it was not android volume it was kodi volume the one you get at top right corner light blue bar not sure what that was about I could not get it to happen again

Hello, any one managed to get their m8 s802 2gig remote issue sorted??
    my box: matricom g box s802 and the s812
    the only buttons not working are vol+ and vol-
    I have tried every variation of remote.conf files adding them all to /.config folder threw ssh none of them have worked
    I wanted to try copying the remote.conf file from /amremote folder and see if I can change the values for the 2 volume buttons but I cant find anything on the net about corresponding button codes or decipher anything from the matricom remote.conf either however i have been playing around witht the values on the buttons and believe this must be a possible route.
    any ideas??

P.S. drieschel these are the best builds thank you for your time and effort!!