Posts by berniejonnie

Hmmm. I know your position very well about what LE should do and what not. And looking for LE as a "firmware" I love it because it just works out of the box, and that is the reason why I am not enthusiastic to do everything on a plain linux installation with days of configuration and updates. You really do an excellent job ! But there is only one more thing........: beeing able to use an additional user with readonly rights while root/libreelec (OMG? my family doesn't read this ;)) has full access.

I will do some test....

Thanks,

/BJ

Hi,

I make heavy use of my LE box beside TV, Netflix, Video and Music also as a media-server for all other devices in the house. I have huge HDD capacity and so I think how I can use it also as a backup server for the computers. I have already created a script that switches Samba between read-only and read-write, because we know that it is not a good idea to give continuous write permissions for computers to their backup. But this is not very handy....

So I saw that it is possible to have samba or Apple afp (timemachine) in a container. My 1st test was not so easy, I deactivated samba in LE and tried to generate users in a samba-container. So the question arises in my mind, if it is possible to run a container on a single User system, that uses more than one user to manage different shares? Does LE support the "adduser" etc. commands that are necessary to maintain different users and their access rights in samba?? Password db file etc.?

Can anybody confirm or has experience ?

Thanks,

/BJ

Yes, right. I changed to the IP address and now Kodi opens the sql-db 4 seconds after the sql-container started.

Thanks !!

P.S. Does somebody know how I can make disappear all the docker relates status messages from the boot- and shutdown-screen ? That stopped already when 8.0 approached the release and now it is partly back...

aptalca
    I guess that this is what we are looking for :

journalctl -u docker.linuxserver.mariadb :
    Mar 21 09:50:27 LibreELECintel systemd[1]: Starting docker.linuxserver.mariadb container...
    Mar 21 09:50:30 LibreELECintel sh[814]: docker.linuxserver.mariadb
    Mar 21 09:50:37 LibreELECintel systemd[1]: Started docker.linuxserver.mariadb container.
    Mar 21 09:50:37 LibreELECintel sh[814]: 170321 09:50:37 mysqld_safe Logging to syslog.

journalctl -u kodi :
    Mar 21 09:50:38 LibreELECintel systemd[1]: Starting Kodi Media Center...Mar 21 09:50:38 LibreELECintel systemd[1]: Started Kodi Media Center....

kodi.log :
    09:50:45.929 T:139892836030208 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos107 [2003](Can't connect to MySQL server on 'libreelecintel' (111))

That didn't help, I tried also by linking the docker.linuxserver.mariadb.service into .../kodi.target.wants, no success. I still need the "sleep 10" in autostart.sh... I guess that it's not enough that the service starts before Kodi, it also takes some time till the database is initialized and ready to answer requests. I see that tvheadend and others are linked into the dir .../kodi.target.wants (?) but when Kodi is up I see the message "tvheadend is starting up" with spinning wheel, so seems that Kodi is explicitelx waiting for the pvr service..

Any recommendations ?

I installed the docker-addon and from the LinuxServer.io's docker addon repo the MariaDB image. Really great thing!
    In advancedsettings.xml I pointed to the SQL database for video. Now I have the problem, that when libreelec and Kodi start, it can not access the SQL Server, because the container takes some seconds longer to start up. I activated already the "wait for network (10sec)" but this does not help.
    When I ssh into libreelec and "systemctl restart Kodi.service", it works fine because the SQL Server is then up and running.

Can anybody explain, how the start-up of the different software's work and where I have to put in a few seconds of wait ??

Thanks,
    /BJ

LE is NOT a media server ;)

Come-on, LE is so beautiful and the perfect fit, you don't want me to drive OMV in Docker, eh ? :D

otherwise when adding sources in kodi you can specify the username/password

I am talking about LE as samba server, not as client.

you might also have to adjust the default smb.conf file to get it to do what you want.

Yes thats my approach!

I tried everything in the samba.conf, "write list", "read list", and much more. but I came to "passdb backend = smbpasswd" in the samba.conf.sample and do not understand how users are handled in LE. "smbpasswd" can be executed but fails to create new user due to readonly file system and I do not find a samba user db......

What are the valid build-in samba users that I can use to log in and then link write/read rights to in samba.conf??
    I am confused! Somebody can help me ?

Hi,
    I use LE as a media server in the house, but I do not want every body in the family being able to delete one of my valuable media, even not by accident. So I have tried to set up samba with one read-only user (maybe "guest") and one read-write user (maybe "root"), but I could not manage.
    It seems that there is no user db in the compilation, guest is mapped to root (uuaahh) an when I activate the login to samba in the LE config user interface, it is exactly the on which is default as "openelec".
    I use the generic 7.90.xxx alphas of LE, everything else works fine. Has anybody managed to do this and can give me some advice??
    /BJ

The Tvheadend add-on is not embedded in the OS, so it makes no difference whether you are using Milhouse/CvH or official builds.

Thanks, I just was not sure if it is Linked by any dependancies as both variants base on Different kernels....

But now I See that it is updated already in the repository!!

Thanks a lot,
    /BJ