Posts by highkick05

not even need reboot. unless this is RPi related.. but I don't see how , I set a cronjob to run 5 minutes from when I set it and it run webgrabplus.start (i see in ps ax)

so don't need reboot =] good to know u can disable addon. the binary provided and mono work well

How did you make cron work in LibreELEC? I have enabled cron in kodi settings and set my system time and set a crontab to run, but nothing runs. My script runs manually, just cron won't do anything.

On a different note: where does cron put the mail notification in LibreELEC?

mine works, use crontab -e it updates root's cron job correctly , but think edit /storage/.cache/cron/crontabs/root works anyway

I setup my webgrab ages ago, haven't had another look cos I haven't needed too =]

tv_grab_file works a lot better in webgrab's bin directory also I've noticed, if you put it in tvheadend's it distort's data in webif

not need code :)

1. bash# rm -rf /storage/.kodi/addons/service.webgrabplus/system.d/service.webgrabplus.service

now get user to set run timer this way:

2. bash# crontab -e

3. 15 6 * * * /storage/.kodi/addons/service.webgrabplus/bin/webgrabplus.start

this entry runs ur script everyday at 6:15am, you can make it run 6:15am Mon, Wed, Fri like this:
    15 6 * * 1,3,5 /storage/.kodi/addons/service.webgrabplus/bin/webgrabplus.start

4. save this then runs flexibly how u want. Your way u can't change it :dodgy:

^cron file for root is at /storage/.cache/cron/crontabs/root

5. Change WebGrab++.config.xml then store your guide.xml /storage/guide.xml

6. throw this tv_grab_file.txt in /storage/.kodi/addons/service.webgrabplus/bin/tv_grab_file
    7. chmod +x tv_grab_file

8. enable it in tvheadend , run internal grabbers once and boom it pulls in all the channels from /storage/guide.xml
    What I find strange atm is tvheadend appears to need a reboot for it to read guide.xml correctly & map channel info to actually work.
    Doesn't need this in regular linux, would suck if you have to do it every time.

For some reason if you asign Channel tag (end up group name in kodi) it maps it ? not sure why this effects it but no reboot needed

highkick05

I know that the current scheduling is not optimal for everyone.
    However, for now, it runs and fits most use cases (eg LE permanently on, or LE on for the duration of a movie/TV show).
    Incidentally, unless specified otherwise, the is guide merely updated (as opposed to re-created) at every run, and it is not updated in place.

I intend to move scheduling from system.d to Kodi/Python, but I did not yet find the time to do it, and the desiderata are plethoric and sometimes incompatible.

Note that contributions to the addon in LE github are welcome!

I know it may not be optimal for LibreElec, but it's not really optimal for WebGrab+Plus.'s purpose

Most of the people @ WebGrab+Plus developing the siteini's probably wouldn't appreciate that these grabs are going twice a day 24x7. It will end up getting the web scrape banned.

My opinion the cron settings more configurable the best option for everyone's specific needs :angel:

@awiouy I have read most of this thread ... regarding webgrab+plus timers for grabbing from sites. I can't work out why you need to run it every 6 hours. (or twice in one day)
    Even if it was scraping 1 days worth of epg data , isn't hitting the tv guide sites up this often risking the chance these sites might block web scraping ?

I had my old setup pulling the guide Mon, Thurs & Sat. at the most. twice in one day, everyday is excessive. Thanks for the work on the addon btw

I like to include it in default, but i have no way to check if it works correctly (the whole build system was changed in this fork). Is it possible for you to test some builds later (next week ish) ?

I have tested this on the softcam side, emu (stream_relay) works and constant.cw also works. I don't do any key sharing or the such, but it seems rock solid.

Seems like the maintainer knows what he/she is doing , iirc it looks regularly updated/maintained also , more than likely they use it

Streaming seems good, I have 1 glitch every now and then on a HD channel. Not sure if this is unstable kodi or the wifi card. More than likely that is the culprit
    (maybe someone know if this is descrambling setting doing it, tvheadend always seems to have errors initially on these stream_relay IPTV channels, invalid start code?)

anyway thanks CvH, my setup is purring will send some bjeers later

I have quick queztion

why come webgrab addon changes guide.xml back to original all the time & how can I use tvheadend's tv_grab_file to pull the correct guide.xml ?

can't seem to get a working EPG pulled in from in kodi

how is it suppose to all work ? blody setting up the tvheadend service XML from file in there ? strange setup

that's alright, there is CA tab. just need to make sure you download CvH 'latest' nightly tvheadend.

I grabbed the wrong an old date @ top of the list rather than scroll to bottom *smack forehead*

it works well if not better, I've just noticed PMT = 0 works a lot better for scambling over network to libreelec

how does one select it it normally ?

some of the linux wifi drivers are pretty lame. I get constant drop outs with my netgear AC600 (A6100) AC usb stick

it has had the same issue for about a year, if install windows it seems to act normal

even with the latest apparent "fixes" with the

7.0-generic-special-oscam-7.0.101.zip
    I'm used this "fork" of oscam https://github.com/nx111/oscam/ because he had already included the emu + adds some more stuff (didn't used the latest commit because i had to change the build for the whole addon). The patch itself won't build for me because of some webif errors.

hmm. this just oscam I think. [edit: ok hang on

Maybe I will install ur latest libreelec, is this the one already in there? or how would i add ? in this zip I download?

oscam-emu need to patch the svn.. webif ? not sure , need to follow exactly (worked for me everytime str8 away)

GitHub - oscam-emu/oscam-emu: Open Source Cam Emulator

always worked. need command line :)
    speedydude OSemu no good, just does stream_relay no real oscam features ? why I didn't enjoy it
    wid oscam-emu u can add SoftCam.Key + additional constant.cw for other encryptionzz I can give my default setup if u wish as starter 4 LibreELEC config

it could be included by default, are we talking about this GitHub - oscam-emu/oscam-emu: Open Source Cam Emulator ?

i hope on this .. default please

th@ link CvH lead to easy to build instructions.. patch etc.. latest svn works a treat even with tvheadend.+ stream_relay but need to pick
    latest CA oscam modules in CA config >= 9756 or pic no good. setup is exactly same as standalone oscam, same as standalone I think just added emu. So I think prefer this over jus oscam & err OSemu

I've defiantly compiled CrazyCats latest fork on Raspbian last week; had it working great till I wiped the SD to install LibreElec DVB build! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heh :)

I have 2 client upstairs already run LibreELEC, empty vessels no dvb adapters
    One downstairs pretty much was running DVBViewer as dvb server , not happy only do 1 decryption (weak i tell u!)

now I got the linux driver I achieve multi decrypt through tvheadend and newest oscam-emu, so happy like a larry

but hey why not be colorful and splat LibreELEC on all 3 ! ;)