Posts by highkick05

highkick05

Yes, everything in this build is supposed to work. Looks like Emulationstation broke in the last build, I can reproduce here as well. Will investigate and fix. My build machine is off and I'm at work, so probably won't be until tomorrow.

RetroArch is a frontend for libretro cores, which is basically standalone emulators. You can launch every emulator in this build individually, that's what Emulationstation does.

cheers, will wait until u done. i got a bit unlucky first time I try it
    I'm also having way too many problems than it's worth getting controllers to work within retroarch. gee wizz, I had about 4 controllers connected at once
    mouse, keyboard, cordless rumblepad 2 AND xbox 360 controller with bluetooth.
    when I finally got through all of the menu and launched a game, no controller at all in the game rofl
    [hr]
    do u archive older builds ? might be worth it. wish I could find one

Is emulationstation suppsoed to work ?

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
    what(): locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid
    Aborted (core dumped)

Retroarch works, if we had multiple emulators using standalone executables could prolyl use Rom Collection to load the games but hmmm
    Emulationstation is supposed to be great why it doesn't work straight off the bat.

Index of /LibreELEC/8.0_Krypton/Generic-x86_64/
    for the digital device images, btw If I got the build error sorted out I provide all in one images !

just went for the standard libreelec 8.0 x86_64 image of the download page , as you said - Clean install -

To my surprise first dmesg on default install tbs5990 came up and worked flawlessly. lol (with also the bulk transfer setting in /storage/.config/modprobe.d )

setting up all my channels again through tvheadend 4.2 / simple iptv as pvr client , cos I've gotten sick of the hanging when dish moves.

Awesome work.

Might trial VDR eventually , cos I think it may have been bundled well in libreelec.

hey CvH , is there a 8.0 with your dvb drivers in the works?

hell been waiting for this to happen, my clients are running the new 8.0 libreelec.. would be sick if I could get this on the server (lounge htpc)

gotta love Estuary and the new chorus web theme. elite

a little bit unhappy with the lack of addon support however... seems not even the libreelec old releases work with addons. distro related? probably would work on kodi out-of-the-box releases. plexus through addon installer etc

Users with Kodi problems...

Should be aware that without any decent log files, screen dumps or other 'documentation' as well as sufficient details of the hardware in question, problems are impossible to be recognized and/or reproduced, and are therefore unable to be solved.

Your topic is a non-discussion IMO.

Stuff the log files.

These are real problems effecting REAL PPL
    How about you stand up to it like a real man

Code
    options dvb_usb_[b]dw2102[/b] transfer_mode=0
    options dvb_usb_[b]cxusb[/b] transfer_mode=0

so should work with both devices?
    i'm still getting the issue though with both devices (with 1 disabled at a time in case relatd).

just double checked this cos I wasn't sure, ur device names should not be prepended with dvb_usb_ the module name should be stand alone "dw2012" etc..
    there are many techniques to finding out parameter values of loaded modules... search the interwebs , this is critical part of finding out if this will fix ur probs

# sudo echo "options cx231xx transfer_mode=0" > /etc/modprobe.d/cx231xx.conf
    # sudo reboot

change the cx231xx bit to watever the dvb driver module is named

u may need to reboot a couple times.. check the option is enabled

may not even be an option for your device but worth a try

think on libreelec the .conf file ends up being in /storage somewhere

Issue - i'm getting lots of continuity errors with both devices. every 10-15 seconds or so. TV almost watchable just corrupts every now and then.
    I'm using an acer revo mini pc, it has something like a dual core 1.6ghz atom + 4gb ram.

Watching "top" whilst simultaneously watching live TV, i notice that at the exact time the errors occurs i see gdb in top spiking at 90% CPU.

Is gdb spiking because there are continuity errors every now and then, or is gdp the cause of the continuity errors due to spiking CPU load.

have u tried the bulk_transfer option ? set it to 0

I'm looking at the LibreElec already built in remote support is it Eventlircd ?

what's the quickest way to change the repeat delay and repeat period
    272 root 0:00 /usr/sbin/eventlircd -f --evmap=/etc/eventlircd.d --socket=/run/lirc/lircd --release=_UP
    is this using eventlircd ?

bcos:

LibreELEC:~ # ir-keytable
    Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event3) with:
    Driver mceusb, table rc-rc6-mce
    Supported protocols: unknown other lirc rc-5 jvc sony nec sanyo mce-kbd rc-6 sharp xmp
    Enabled protocols: lirc nec rc-6
    Name: Media Center Ed. eHome Infrared
    bus: 3, vendor/product: 0471:0815, version: 0x0000
    Repeat delay = 1000 ms, repeat period = 125 ms

1000ms and 125ms is a bit slow for button pressing

I can sort of successfully kill lircd etc and set up keymaps through ir-keytable but sorta don't get the full harmony remote support

I want to just want to change these couple things with the original way it is using eventlircd

OK to every1 wat use powervu&biss, tested oscam-1.00 oscam-1.10 various combination with tvheadend and no way around duplicate biss SID still read only first SID key, latest tvheadend the only wat sends though correct VPID for constant.cw but still fails & only read SID :-/

SO, best to use tvheadend own DES decryption FIRST, and oscam enabled as backup w/ constant.cw or SoftCam.Key for biss th@ fall thru the net

tvheadend can't decrypt w/ it's own DES when even slightest TS errors, very sensitive, that y u get blackscreen w/ working key

tvheADEND PowerVU channel dumper, relevant for LibreELEC (only use /bin/sh):

change config (IP,etc)
    need jq installed from addons

Can I just make a bug here. oscam-emu appears to be a bug w/ how biss treated ..

I have tried everything but it doesn't seem to care, as long as the channel has same SRVID it jsut reads the first key from 0001

this is constant.cw which has VPID setting to isolate even if same Service ID "0001"

2600:000000:0001:0201:1FFF::*********************** ;channel 1
    2600:000000:0001:07D1:1FFF::*********************** ;some other chanel 2

doesn't matter if it's SoftCam.Key or constant.cw (even with different VPID crazy) just reads first SID entry top down in oscam-emu

anyone suggest different setup ? maybe oscam no emu w/ OSEmu doing stream relay ? seems silly but I think the emu code must modify this behaviour, mgiht have to go back to ubuntu for server till i figure this one out :(