Posts by chewitt

You might be better off using systemd/kernel SMB mounts and pointing Kodi to a "local" file path instead of using the built-in SMB client. I found this was needed with older TimeCapsule devices which also run Apple's own sucky SMB implementation. Have a look in /storage/.config/systemd for the .mount file examples.

Hi JerneJ!

I still can't play videos through the Apple airplay function, but only music even with this latest version and nightly update. When I turn the switch to play videos in the services menu my phone can't find LibreELEC to stream videos. When I turn that switch off again my phone finds it but only sound is streamed to my Kodi. Is there any solution?

Kodi supports video playback from iOS 8 devices or older. Since then the video protocol changed and Kodi Airplay support became restricted to audio only. If one of the open-source streaming libraries (re)gains support for video Kodi can look at updating things. Until then .. Apple thanks you for funding their locked and proprietary "must pay a $fee to Apple to exist" ecosystem. If you read the help text in the services menu (which I authored) the reason for the toggle switch is clearly described.

Kodi automatically doubles the refresh rate of media when appropriate modes are available, so PAL content will use 1080p50 transparently as if it were 1080p25 and YouTube content at 1080p30 will play at 1080p60 (each frame is simply rendered twice). It will make no visible difference to playback, but having the GUI run at higher refresh rates allows transitions to be rendered smoother. I read "I forced the display to 25Hz" as "I forced stuff to look bad" .. and then you're complaining that GUI navigation looks bad.

I have no recollection of anyone on staff or userbase ever atttempting to build Xorg stuff for RPi using our build-system. You will likely run into compile options that are hard-coded to assume x86_64 and missing X11 drivers for the Pi hardware. There is also a high chance that LE drops X11 completely in the near future so the longegivity of whatever you're trying to do might be questionable. You'd be better off with Raspbian.

Unless you enabled "disable password auth" and connect but fail to login (as the setting disabled password auth) .. there is either a firewall active that is blocking traffic or you don't have the right IP address or the device is not on the network correctly. Otherwise SSH works, and has been working in the distro for years without issues.

Linux 5.7-rc1 should be released in the next week and I'll start working on a rebase and update of the patch-set. I ran out of enthusiasm with 5.6 as the patch-set is now 150+ commits and I simply lost track of everything. Kernel bumps normally halve the number..

RPi4 is not perfect, it's had 10-months of development vs. RPi3 which is essentially fettled over 8-years now. In the near future we're about to reinvent the wheel with a move to GBM/V4L2 which will likely add bugs while also moving the Pi codebase forwards and (for RPi4 owners) closer to having 10-bit output and HDR and HD audio things supported. There is a lot of effort being expended on this.

I've been using one for year now (since before launch) as the family daily driver and have zero issues in daily use. I also couldn't care about the lack of USB boot because none of the USB sticks I posess are anywhere near the speed of a decent SD card and I've only had one SD card failure in the last 5-years (completely due to physical abuse) so I don't loose sleep over the inevitable probability that one day one might die. All the media is on an NAS anyway. I also run the GUI at 1080p60 with a BT remove and I don't really notice any artefacts or stutttering during navigation. I can't imaging why anyone would want to run the GUI at 1080@25. I do notice the speed difference on the rare occasions I dig an RPi3 out for testing. I'm not sure that I have done anything unusual or special in setup.

You can look on the mailing list for DVFS changes proposed by Martin Blumenstingl (Xdarklight). These will result in the GPU clock being reduced when not in use, but otherwise the GPU will probably run a maximum clock. It might run a little hotter under lima, but temps will be well within spec.

One the main advantages to lima is that your image becomes closer to upstream LE, so less delta to maintain over time.

2) when I play a IPTV or any movie (from elementum torrent stream) and press "x" on my keyboard to close the current video, the kodi freeze , but I still access the box thru ssh, so only the kodi interface freeze. I didn't see any workaround until now, I need to poweroff the box.

Any tips?

The main tip is .. read the forum rules. If you run banned piracy add-ons on your box you will receive no support in this forum.

Something to explore if/once it's been merged and a good wait period has been experienced so that someone else finds the initial bugs. LE will be deliberately slow at changing something fundamental that works and works reliably.

All posts (and edits) from new forum users that contain URL links are subject to approval, because it's a fairly simple way to stop spam bots from posting garbage. You seem to have taken offense to this, and instea of posting a question about it, started posting garbage threads to complain. The reason I deleted your thread - was because it was not necessary, your post(s) had been approved (by me) and even an answer to an on-topic question had been provided. If you want to pick a fight with mods that's your call..