Posts by gujal

Thanks, I have now put the module names in the /storage/.config/modules-load.d/nuvoton-ir.conf as suggested and removed autostart.sh
    lsmod shows them loaded
    I have lircd.conf in the /storage/.config/ directory
    However the lircd shows as if it is still using the blank lircd.conf file in /run/lirc as per the following

Code
    # ps -ef |grep lirc
      259 root       0:00 /usr/sbin/eventlircd -f --evmap=/etc/eventlircd.d --socket=/run/lirc/lircd --release=_UP
      640 root       0:00 {kodi.sh} /bin/sh /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.sh --standalone -fs --lircdev /run/lirc/lircd
      645 root       0:10 /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin --standalone -fs --lircdev /run/lirc/lircd
      772 root       0:00 grep lirc

The firmware and driver have been included as part of the linux kernel since 4.2 as per Hauppauge.
    The instruction are specifically for the 3.x kernel

This is also confirmed on the LinuxTV page

Code
    https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-2205

I did check if the firmware was available on the default 7.0.2 install and found them, and I also added the demod firmware from openelec as per the instructions on the LinuxTV page

Following advice from Kodi forum I created a /storage/.config/autostart.sh file with these two lines

Code
    modprobe rc_hauppauge
    modprobe ir-kbd-i2c

so lsmod now shows this

But still there is no response to the remote. I tried running irw and pressed the buttons but no response on screen.
    I also tried running the ir-keytable command but I keep getting

Code
    Couldn't find any node at /sys/class/rc/rc*.

I did put lircd.conf for hauppauge from

Code
    [http://lirc-remotes.sourceforge.net/remotes-table.html

Did try a few of the different ones available there

Please advise what steps I am missing.
    Thanks for your support.

gujal you can install the keymap editor from the official kodi repo and manually map them and it does work on this port as I've had to do it myself ;)

Sent from my S600 using Tapatalk

Nice, with keymap editor I am able to map both keys, but for some reason stop key works but not the "Codec Info" map. it is okay as the main function required was 'stop' and codecinfo would have been nicer.
    Thanks for the suggestion, it is now working 100% :D

You need the hauppauge ir drivers from the install disk. I don't know if there is a driver for Linux.

You might try hauppauge support

Code
    http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/support_hvr2250.html

As per Hauppauge, support is built in since kernel 4.2 (OpenElec 6.0.1 onwards)

Code
    http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/linux.html

dmesg shows that the card is recognised correctly, so the driver is compiled in the kernel, may be ir receiver needs a kernel module or something.
    Any help appreciated

Thanks drieschel  for the great job in bringing LE to S802 devices
    I have a noname MX-III 2GB and am using your LibreELEC-S802.S82.arm-7.0-devel-20160815122240-r23306-gd4a3717 build
    Everything works fantastic including the remote and wi-fi. It is amazing how responsive this two year old box is when running your LE build including decoding 4K H.264.

I just wanted to find out one little thing

I use a custom remote.xml to map the two addtional keys on the remote (ripped from SPMC) which I normally put in userdata/keymaps folder. For some reason that is not taking effect at all. Can you please advice
    This is the remote.xml file. All it does is to map the menu and back keys during videoplayback to show the codec info and to stop the video.

Hello
    I have been trying to setup libreelec on my HTPC
    The HTPC runs fine under Kodi 16.1 + windows 10 but I would like to run the JeOS concept, with TVHeadend PVR
    Hadware configuration :
    Intel Skylake Core i5 CPU
    8 GB RAM
    Atheros Wifi Adapter
    Hauppauge HVR-2205 DVB-T/T2 Dual tuner card with IR receiver and Hauppauge remote (not MCE)
    Panasonic 4K TV

Libreelec itself runs fine at 3840x2160 resolution with hardware hevc (8 bit, no 10 bit), but no matter what I try, I am unable to get the Hauppauge IR receiver recognized, which is the final hurdle before I ditch my Kodi 16.1 on Windows10+Mediaportal backend (running fine on the same machine)

I have tried the following versions and same result in all three
    1. LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.0.2
    2. LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.90.007
    3. LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-Milhouse-20161027210429-#1027

Hauppauge card gets recognised as below from the dmesg ouput

So the tveeprom section sees that there is a IR receiver but that never shows up in input devices as below
    The HVR-2205 card has an IR transmitter as well, but that is not recognised (I don't use it, so don't mind)

Can someone please advise how I get my Hauppauge IR Receiver recognised under libreelec
    Thanks very much