Posts by gujal

Hi Demetris

I still got one of these MX III S802 1g/8g amlogic boxes here the square one. Tried every image you made for the mx-III devices nothing ran. Now I tried this image on SD:

LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.2-MXIII-1G.tar

Runs but sooo slow. Than I thought i install it on nand. This was the solution. But now I have a new problem. My remote controller does not function. I tried many remote.conf files I could find online, nothing will do its job.

Sorry it does not function 99.9% Because I can wake the box up with the remote from suspend and shutdown, but else it does nothing. Can you maybe help me with this?

As per documentation LE8 onwards, you have to supply your own remote.conf in the Config directory. This needs to be extracted from your Android System before overwriting the NAND with LE8.

Anyway attached is the remote.conf.txt extracted from my MX-III Android 4.4.2. Just remove the '.txt' from the end of the file name as it wont allow me attach otherwise

Enjoy!

Which folder? This folder is in the SD card or in the internal disc of my tv box?

I think I do it. I put the file LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.2b-MXIII-PLUS.img in the folder "Update" and I reboot. In the settings of LibreELEC it says version 17.4 but when I reboot the logo of Kodi says 17.3. Do I choose the right file for my tv box (MXIII-G) ?

For upgrade you should use tar file.

img file is only for fresh install.

Put the tar image in the upgrade folder and reboot.

dipswitch

If you had configured the box with network and enabled ssh before upgrading to 8.0.2, then you should try ssh to the box. There was an issue when going from OE6 or LE7 to LE8 where the display goes blank, basically Kodi 17 hangs.

The solution for that was to ssh to the box and move .kodi to .kodi.old and reboot

Hello.

I have a MXIII 2G/8G box. Using the MXIII Plus image (LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.1-MXIII-PLUS.img.gz) worked great, except the wired connection would not work (gave a bogus IP address) and the WIFI connection worked but the throughput seemed poor and would often fail in copying files. Everything else appeared to be ok.

Tried to use the MXIII 1G image but on booting it said the file was corrupted. Any advice on what image I should use that solves the wired network connection issue?

Great work by the way. Having these boxes on LibreELEC is so much bettter than Android. My S905 rocks now.

If it is a MX-III 2G/8G, you should be using LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.1-S82.tar not the MXIII-1G image
    MX-III Plus image is for units with Gigabit network. The standard MX-III has only Fast Ethernet.

deschris
    MXIII always had S802 soc.
    Yours may be a MXIII Plus if it has S812.

I have a MXIII 1GB and a MXIII 2GB but not a MXIII Plus.

If yours is a MXIII Plus, then
    the starting point would be Drieschel's S8X2 build
    Unzip it to empty microsd and use the toothpick method

The endpoint for you would be LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.1-M8S.tar (I think)
    Edit: I thought wrong, correction as per Demetris - LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.1-MXIII-PLUS.tar

The remote.conf file is in your /etc folder in Android. You need a root explorer to access that file on your kitkat install. This needs to be copied to the ConfigFiles smb share or /storage/.config folder if doing over sftp/scp or using pendrive

MX-III 1G Model never had bluetooth hardware in the box. Are you sure you had Bluetooth working when the box was running Android?

gujal. Thank you. There must be something different regarding the BT/WiFi chipset in your MXIII.
    Demetris. Unsure if this helps or changes anything but a quick teardown of M8 today, attached is photo of the actual chip. Bluetooth may be working with current build on some devices but I can tell you with certainty there was a change from 04/09/2017 build (Bluetooth working-WiFi not working) to 04/10/2017 build (Bluetooth not working properly-WiFi working) on M8.

You seem to have the same chip as mine! (Except maybe for the revision number? not sure)

Can you tell me your CPU temperature on system information/hardware ?

On startup it is at 47C. After playing a mix of 4K and FHD Videos (decoding on GPU) for about 15 minutes the temperature went up to 63C
    After playing some HD HEVC videos (decoding on CPU) for about 10 minutes the temperature went up to 73C

gujal, Can you confirm when you say Bluetooth works fine on reboot or total power off, which Bluetooth device you paired which remain paired and functioning after rebooting? I will await hearing from another "M8" user however there is definitely something that changed between the last 2 builds which affected Bluetooth functionality on the M8.

I use a mini keyboard+touchpad device like the one below, and the pairing stays and works after reboot or power off/on

Fanatstic Bro.
    MX-III 2GB with AP6330 running LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.1-S82 latest release
    Wifi: Works
    Bluetooth: Works

Also surprised to see that it is Krypton 17.2RC1 code base. Nice....

Thanks for all your time and effort in giving these still capable old boxes a new lease of life.

OK! this is becoming more and more confusing for me now so from now on please when you report if your wifi and bluetooth is working or not i need your wifi chip name too so i keep track what i fix and what i break as i don't have your boxes and i am working blind here so help me out to help you.

Running LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.1-S82 on MX-III 2GB AP6330

29 Mar 2017 build - Wifi working, Bluetooth not working

All builds after that including the latest 9 Apr 2017 build - Wifi and Bluetooth BOTH NOT WORKING

Thanks for your time and effort on helping us out

Sorry I should have been more specific. RC4 boots okay and works well. If I try to boot newer versions from SD I get the following error message:

*** Error in mount_storage: mount_common: could not mount /flash/SYSTEM ***
    ### starting debugging shell... type exit to quit ###

Any ideas?

If you can boot with RC4, then install to internal first
    After booting from internal working, it is just a matter of copying the latest .tar file to Update directory (may need .nocompat empty file to goto 8x2 images) and rebooting.