Posts by soder

So it's possibly a hardware problem. Double-check by running an Ubuntu Live ISO, and see happens with the network speeds.

Great idea. Will try that.

By the way, I've contacted Intel support, and all the first told me was that the NUC didn't had support for Linux. I then told them about my friends NUC, and they asked if I could try my NUC on my friends network, and his NUC on my. Will do that some day.

/Söder

Today I did some more test. Even when I connect the NUC direct to the main router, I only get 10MB/s.

I've also confirmed that another friend with the exact same NUC, running LE 8.0.x, got 1000MB/s on his NUC.

It must be that my NUC is broken, or that I got some BIOS stuff my friend doesn't have (I've updated my BIOS through the years) OR that my router in some way only thing my NUC should have 10MB/s.

Code
    Speed: 10Mb/s

That ain't much. :-\

Have you tried another cable anyway, sometimes hardware is 'allergic' to certain cables.

I haven't, since I thought I took care of the cable problem when I tried another computer on the same cable...

But also, it was on 10MB/s even when the cable wasn't in, like if the NUC and the LAN card already was in 10MB/s mode..

Another cable didn't solve the problem btw...

EDIT: Now I'm direct in the AP, connected with a cat6 cable. (bypassed the switch.).

Still 10MB/s.

/Söder

I got a NUC with LibreELEC 8.0.2, and a couple of month ago, it started to buffer my video played from my NAS. When I looked in to it, I see that the NUC only get about a few MB/s with LAN. (I use gigabit network at home.)

When I try another computer on the same LAN cable I use for the NUC, it get the "full speed".

I contacted Intel to report this, but they say that my nuc doesn't support linux and linux drivers.

I wonder if there is someone else that got a problem like this?

/Söder

I got Chromium installed on my LibreELEC system. The problem is that it autostarts and since I don't use a mouse or keyboard by default (I use a remote). I then have to plug in a mouse and shut down Chromium, to see the Kodi interface.

Even if I disable the Chromium addon this happens. I don't know if this has to do with Couchpotato addon, or if it's just that it's the latest tab or start tab set for me.

Someone else that got this problem?

/Söder

Execute this in console

Code
    printf "killall transmission-daemon\nsleep 1\nkillall -9 transmission-daemon\n" >/storage/.config/shutdown.sh

and this

Reboot and then once again. This second reboot should be better :)

Cool. I will do this. But, I would like to know what I do, and also, if this will stuck during a update of Transmission addon and/or LibreELEC?

First command creates a shutdown script that kills transmission, right? Second? Makes it run when a command is send to Transmission to being killed during a reboot/shutdown of LibreELEC?

Thanks.

/Söder
    [hr]
    Did a test over ssh. I'm not at home, and could not see the TV with the error with the unmounts, but I started a timer on the phone when I did a "reboot" in the terminal.

The first boot was about 2m45s. The second boot was about 35s. Great work.

Thanks!

/Söder

Maybe killing transmission from script /storage/.config/shutdown.sh would help.
    Or making new service similar to this and kill it from there.

Hmm, do you mind help me a little bit more? Is shutdown.sh a script I can make, like autostart.sh, that will run on every shutdown?

Does it work both with the Kodi menu for shutdown or reboot, and also with a command in a terminal like "shutdown" and "reboot"?

That other way you link to, how does that work?

And, are there some change in the shutdown process in LibreELEC that wasn't in OpenELEC? I've for many years been using OpenELEC and then LibreELEC, but I never had this problem before, and I've been using mounted shares all the time...

/Söder

Hmm, all I did was to create the my-mce and rebooted, and then tested in Kodi. =)

Now I started with all you other lines, and I got some error I thought was strange. I then checked my files again, and found a typo.

I had named the file my_mce instead of my-mce (because of rc_maps.cfg I guess). Renamed it again, and rebooted, and now the remote works.

It must be like you said, that probably a solder bridge has gone of in the remote (there's something loose in it, damn kids =( ) and causing the remote to speak in other codes. Or, if the same kid in some way pushed a combo, causing this, but I don't think that's possible.

Anyway. Thanks for your support. I owe you a big one!

/Söder

The puzzling thing is I have no idea how that remote could work before if it always transmitted 0x800f2xxx scancodes. These scancodes were never supported by in-kernel decoding and I also don't think they'd work when using userspace lirc.

Googling for the scancode brought up and older post on the OE forum, there a user had a similar issue:
    OpenELEC Mediacenter - OpenELEC Forum - Rosewill RHRC-11002 MCE remote not working (1/2)

If you can't find out what changed on your setup you could just copy /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps/rc6_mce to /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/my-mce, change the 0x800f0xxx codes to 0x800f2xxx, and activate that via /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg:

Code
    * rc-rc6-mce my-mce

so long,

Hias

I will try this. BTW, is possible that the remote is broken, in a way that it sends different signals now? A longshot?

Edit: I tried it, and it didn't work. But when I read the thread you linked to, they say that since irw doesn't do anything itself (not without killing stuff, they have done some more stuff.)

/Söder

Hi,
    I had the same issue a few days ago; I also have the same configuration, with Logitech harmony remote configured as MCE.

I was navigating through Kodi settings, I think I entered "Peripherals" or "Devices" section in "System/Input" and my remote stopped to work (maybe I switched something about joypad controllers ).
    I also tried to investigate the problem in terminal without any success...
    I eventually solved just following the "Manual Update" procedure (just copied the generic update image to /storage/.update/ ).
    Hope this could help you, however I'd also like to understand what happened.

It wasn't that easy for me. Just did a "manual update" and no change...

I also disabled the Joystick Support addon. No change...

/Söder

I don't think there is some kind of switch. At least not HW switch.

My kid has the last year some times dropped the remote on the floor, but I guess it's unrealistic that it would be this way by being half broken, isn't it?

I don't think it has with 8.0.1 to do, but instead with me flipping the lirc switch in settings.

There's no files that's missing I should have, that might be deleted when the switch is enabled? Stuff in /run/lirc or something? Or something that's not being loaded by default during boot?

/Söder

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk