Posts by Sholander

That is correct! That is what I wrote, so no need for offensive words!

You CAN reboot from LE/Kodi installed on SD card to internal ie. Android. The "REBOOT TO INTERNAL" option is only shown i KODI Power Off Menu in LibreElec!

But that is NOT THE ONLY WAY to boot to Android as you somehow concluded in post #7...

There are 2 methods:

1. if you are running Kodi from SD card -> choose "Reboot from Internal"

2. If you are turning on the box -> take out the SD card, and it'll boot to Android.

When in Android and you want to reboot to LE -> put in SD card and choose "Reboot" with remote control (long press on Power button brings up 2 options: Reboot and Power Off)

Because so far i've only seen libreelec run from an sd card that you need to get into recovery to boot to.

I just want to keep the android option for this box, while still enjoying kodi at 1080p.

You have seen wrong. LE runs from SD card OK on this box. Once when installed to SD card it boots directly to LE when turned on or when the box is rebooted. Even from Andoid, when box reboots it boots to LE.

The only time you have to use "toothpic and Reset Switch (located behinde AV port) method" on this box is for first instalation of LibreElec...

This way, you keep Android and enjoy full Kodi potential running from SD. There is no way to have Android and LE on internal memory and choose which will boot...

Well I have to give up now. Bloody Android is a heap of crap and cannot understand how anyone likes using it to be honest. Sadly I just cannot see how he can use that XPlore app ???????? Beats me for sure.

??? It is as simple as it gets ;)

Use a mouse, and use Xplore in 2 pane mode; on left open (single left button click) root/dev folder and on the right open your disk.

Long left button press on dtb.img brings up a menu in which you choose what to do with the file. Choose copy and it will send it to the right pane...

Okay I give up. In LE that ssh command says there is no such directory as /storage/downloads whcih is of course correct as a quick look in FIle Manager will show. So clearly I can see no way of gettign this Android original DTB file either from an Android boot up with ssh or TE, and not in LE KODI either of course. Please help somebody !!!

If your box i rooted, boot to Android, and from Play Store instal "X-plore File Manager". Open X-plore, go to root//dev/ folder and find there the needed dtb.img file. Copy it to your favorite location...

In the end, I never fully solved the problem, so I switched to CoreElec 8.90.4. Since then I don't have freezing problems. BUT I think that Libreelec 8.2.4.1 was actually a smoother user experience than Corelec, I mean navigating through menus, scrolling the GUI, etc was smoother in Libreelec (except for when it crashed of course!)

To have a smooth scrolling GUI on these boxes it is usually necessary to overclock GPU. It is easily done via autostart.sh for any LE/CE version. It does raise CPU temp for 3-5°C so cooling should be observed - not to go over 80°C to avoid crashes...

So I still need some help with the freezes using 8.2.4.1 with the TX9 Pro box which happens mainly when scrolling through lists in the GUI, but I have still got to find time today hopefully to try that Advance xml file DirtyRegions setting that wrxtasy suggested to see if that helps. Now I know what DirtyRegions is from the link he gave me, but just did not know of this probablty relatively recent terminolgy for such a system. Many years ago now I was aware of such a basic system of only updating small data changes with most new video frames and this continued for so many consecutive similar frames until sending a new full frame resfresh after no more than every x frames, and whenever big frame changes were detected like an entire change of scene for example or fast moving grahics.

Oh yes and still wondering if anyone knows about switching off the front panel display which permanently shows "boot" when running LE ?? Not that important but would be nice to fix this. Anybody ??

Setting "DirtyRegions" in advancedsetting.xml to 0 makes sense only to avoid known "Subtitle Stutter" on S912 boxes.

For help on seting Front Display ask in this thread.

Anyway now works and returns a speed on 100. Strange indeed. I wonder if maybe the ehternet patch cable form my gigabit switch to the box is maybe an old Cat 5 lead rather than a Cat5e or Cat6 cable. Will take a look later as could that be a possible cause this 100 Mb result reported or does that prove the hardware is only a 100Mb port in the TX9 Pro box. Maybe possible the decvice tree is still not with needed correct driver ??

Yes, cable can be the bottleneck, use Cat6...

Ehh.. I though I will give latest CE a try... I dont quite get it- first it didnt switch resolution to 4K when Kodi is set to 1080p (switching between 1080p<->4k output). Second it had asyncrhonous HD-passthrough and then Ive noticed a couple of other small issues, some sort of stuttering with 4k HDR playback / minor UI stuttering and so on.

Did you properly select all resolutions in "Whitelist" settings? Did you set screen resolution to 1920x1080p/60 as recommeneded? Did you set "Adjust display refresh rate" to Always?

Ce v.5 is running with Kodi Leia alpha3. Did you try CE v.2 that runs with Leia alpha2. Lots of differneces between those 2 versions (no whitelist in alpha2)

Oh and no matter what I do I still do not see my Gigabit LAN switch the TX9 is connected to reporting it as a Gigabit link . This Gigabit switch does show that it sees a Gigbit connection from my Gigabit port fibre optic Gateway.

So I tried a UHD sample video "Hisense The Amazing B***ty Of The Planet 4K Demo" 2.2 GB file streamed from my Zyxel NAS Drive using NFS. Even though this demo has no HDR it does get a buffering problem on my Beelink box with only the standard 100Mb LAN port as would be expected but it is exactly the same buffering probelm on this new TX9 Pro box with the supposed Gigabit LAN port ?? So clearly I am NOT getting any better than the standard 100Mbps connection. That is born out by running the Arnu Speedtest addon on the TX9 which shows the normal 90 Mb download speed maximum you get from a standard 100Mb LAN port of course, even with my ISP's 150 Mbps ISP fibre optic internet connection and then all via a Gigabit port gateway and gigabit switches to my TX9 Pro.

To find out the actual ethernet speed i LE, ssh to box and run command: cat /sys/class/net/eth0/speed

If you cannot get it to work with 1Gb LAN, tray with newest version of CoreElec as it uses different dtb.img-es...