Posts by bubblegum57

Not the answer to your question, but for info, the Intel NUC is in the logitech database.

Well it looks like the kernel you are using won't recognize these, I would try hid_mapper if you have any luck with that, but this method will probably not work for you...

After failing to get HID mapper to work. I have given up. I think I'll try to send it back. I thank you for your perseverance. The fact that I will probably never get the voice to work in SPMC, also helped make my mind up.

;)

I think you got it backwards. The keys playpause & f11 and so on are the keys I want the buttons to be mapped to - the desired buttons.
    The hardware does not send these keys, but rather a scancodes, those are the "0c034b" before the equal sign. Using evtest, you can see what scancodes your remote actually sends like I did...

The small keyboard button does actually work as Esc, so it does what the Esc on a regular keyboard does in Kodi...

The file I've created re-maps buttons on the remote side of the device, not the keyboard side, but I guess you've got that.

Confirm that you have the same scancodes (of those buttons that don't normally work) first and then we'll try to figure out the rest...

ok, the skip backwards next to the phone pick up button has c00b6 the skip forwards is c00b5

phone pickup no scancode
    phone down no scancode
    home button 7004a
    context next to home button c0040
    smart button? top right of remote, no scanscode
    gamepad, mouse, remote & speaker no scancode
    centre 70028
    up 70052
    down 70051
    right 7004f
    left 70050

I have now used evtest,

By pressing the small keyboard symbol on the keyboard, kodi goes back. That has been happening since I got the remote.

Pressing this key I get a code of 70029. but by putting that key code into the file you send me doesn't get the Smart Assistant button to go back.

I'm confused, I assume you are pressing a keyboard key to get the code? So in your 99-mele file you have f11. So are you pressing f11 on your keyboard, because I don't have f11 or play/pause on the keyboard, or mute.

Any idea? Do I need to map a keyboard?

Read this post LibreELEC

then select Pivos in the Logitech software.

Dr.Romca, I am not sure what I am doing wrong, would it be possible for you to post YOUR 99-mele.hwdb file as an attachment on this forum?

If not, if I sent you a private message with my email address, could you send it there?

That way if it still doesn't work, then it must be something else.

Thanks

Well, looking back at the Openelec forum, I copied the 99-mele file to /etc/udev/hwdb.d & ran the below updates

Based on these values I've created a file in attachment (with .hwdb instead of.txt) and inserted it in: /etc/udev/hwdb.d which I believe is the same as /storage/.config/hwdb.d
    After that I ran two commands:udevadm hwdb --update
    udevadm trigger /dev/input/event0

It's still not working, I'm beginning to regret buying this, I was hoping the get voice search working in SPMC. But I'm having no luck with that either.

If I could at least get the stop play pause buttons working in Libreelec I could live with that.
    [hr]

Try the enters, those did it for me...

Try the enters? I wrote the code directly in Vim.

What do you mean?

Thanks, there were no dots, so I opened Vim & typed manually, then saved. I notice there was a file call 99-mele.hwdb~ it also created a ++notepad file. I copied the one with ~ to the .config/hwdb.d

Then ran the update in putty, this time there was no error message, so I thought that looks good.

rebooted, removed adapter, but still not working.

I will be going out soon, so I'll give it another go later.

Thanks

Hi, I wonder if you could help me. I have LibreELEC running on a Beelink MXmini III. I have a Mele F10 Pro

I have read the above post & the one on the Openelec forum.

I copied

Code:

read this LibreELEC

Look through this, I know it's long LibreELEC

If you install to microsd card first, it shouldn't affect the android part of the box.

I have a Beelink MinimxIII & had no problems with installing to sd. I didn't have to muck about with device trees.

Yeah, I was able to copy all my userdata via samba. Just couldn't find the addon folder to copy the addons to.

You're saying you used ssh to copy the addons? Never used it before. Guess it's time to learn.

No, I used coreftp lite, to copy files etc I think you need to enable ssh in the libreelec settings first
    [hr]
    I'm not sure, just copying the folders will work. You could use the backup addon, but will it restore to different hardware?

Depending on the skin, you might be able to backup those settings separately, but otherwise, I suspect you will need to add the repos & addons again.