Posts by nkgx

To avoid "the death of a thousand cuts" we have a long-standing history of avoiding server features in the distro. Sure it would only be a few extra KB to add support for OpenVPN server, but then we'd have to go along with adding NFS server, and a heap of other stuff too "because you added that server thing for those folks, why not my request!?" ..and before you know it we're trying to match general purpose distro's like Ubuntu, which has never been an objective.

Our concession to appease the "I want my LE to do everything" user is docker support. This allows us to support one thing only (docker) but that one thing allows users to independently raid the docker candy store for containers that provide whatever app they want to run.

So if you desperately want an OpenVPN server go find a docker container with OpenVPN server. If you hold breath wanting or waiting for it to be added to our core OS you're in for a long wait.

As I mentioned before TINC has already a server option and it is part of LibreELEC.
    OpenVPN it is also part of LibreELEC, but it will never have a server option.
    Beyond that I'm not used to hold my breath waiting for a piece of software.