Posts by weust

I added my codec licenses for MPEG2 and VC1 yesterday, and noticed a movie was stuttering like crazy.

Just hooked up a keyboard and noticed the movie was encoded in VC1 (remux from a Blu-ray) and decoded in SW, instead of HW like a movie encoded with h264.

Logging in using SSH I can confirm the codecs are disabled, even though they exist in the config.txt.

LibreELEC:~ # vcgencmd codec_enabled MPG2

MPG2=disabled

LibreELEC:~ # vcgencmd codec_enabled WVC1

WVC1=disabled

LibreELEC:~ #

I can't even find the codecs on a shop like The Pi-Hut, so aren't they sold anymore?

The quick tests I've done so far aren't fully satisfying.

I'm noticing very small stutters every so many seconds, and a movie like Avatar (extended edition, blu-ray remux) makes it buffer a few second after the movie starts, at the 20th Century Fox logo. After that I've not seen buffering anymore, or the couple of other movies I have.

Need to dig in deeper yet.

One thing I noticed are the license keys for the GPU hardware decoding. Totally forgot about that, so glad you asked about the config.txt file :)

The other thing is the "NOOBS Auto-generated Settings" section, with a "hdmi_force_hotplug=1" option.

Other then that I can't see anything that would cause trouble.

I scp'd most of the xml config files over, so I got the majority of setting back.

Just missing the settings that hold stuff like what is on the front page.

Like the left bar only shows Movies and TV shows on the RPi3. But that's a minor thing.

I got my shiny new RPi 3B+ in yesterday, and tonight I swapped the SD card, but it doesn't seem to boot.

Fearing the board was not ok, I got another SD card and put NOOBS on it, which boots just fine.

LibreELEC on the SD card is updated to 8.2.4, so I was expecting it to just boot up.

Is there something different that makes me start over?

Going to try a fresh install, but moving over my config files (I also use a external database setup) was something I hoped to avoid.

I have all my media on a 4-bay NAS, which hibernates after x amount of inactivity.

When I start something like a movie, the disks have to spin up. Sometimes it will not be up quick enough, so Kodi shows a message it can't open the file, etc.

But it need like 1 or 2 second more. Is there somewhere to configure this timeout?

The 8.2.4 update blog post mentions the new wireless upgrades, but also has the following line:

Ethernet is still the best option for playing larger media files...

But why is that? What is wrong with wireless for large media files? I assume it would be something like a Blu-ray remux MKV file.

And is it specific to RPi, or in general?

Currently I am running a RPi 3B wired, with which I've never had issues so far.

Today I will receive my new RPI 3B+ and would like to switch to 5GHz wireless, and of course I will test it for myself but hoping to find a general answer here.

I received my Sundtek MediaTV Digital Home (DVB-C/T/T2) today, and set up TVHeadend backend and frontend.
    All channels are synced fine, and playback is happening.
    I'm using Analogue TV through my cable company.

One thing I am noticing is that the sound sounds like from an old VHS going bad.
    During talking it's not a problem, but with music you can hear the sound not going smoothly.

Maybe a made a slight mistake with the device.
    There is also the Sundtek MediaTV Pro (DVB-C/T/T2, FM-Radio, AnalogTV).
    Not 100% sure what AnalogTV is here, DVB-C is working for me, so maybe it's nothing to worry about in my case.

Anyway, could I be missing something that can fix this VHS sound quality?

When I ran a Intel NUC 5th gen with a Arch Linux or Ubuntu plus Kodi, it would start the NUC when I switched sourced on my TV.
    This is with the Pulse Eight CEC hardware.

Now I have a Raspberry Pi 3 and I can't get it to work.
    I have to replug-in the power to make it boot.
    It will switch the source back to TV when I shutdown the RPi3.

I tried searching if I perhaps missed something in the options for libCEC, but I can't find it.
    And I know about all the different CEC implementations, so perhaps my TV and the Pule Eight CEC work well, but just not with the RPi3.
    So, is it even possible that my RPi3 can power-on on TV source switch?

Not File Manager I believe, but couldn't add under Video/Music either I believe.
    On the (iirc) Root Library?, the screens with two blocks entries left and right, is where I added the sources.

Already had the idea things weren't looking the way they should.
    Maybe I should start over.

I bought a SDCard with Kodi on pre-installed. OpenELEC and LibreELEC plus the default thing.
    Can choose to install LibreELEC, and did the upgrade using the manual update to here.