Posts by ozra

MECOOL M8S Pro L: S912 3G Ram 100Mb. Booting & running externally Samsung EVO SD Card.

Running wrxtasy's latest 8.2.4.1 + dmt.img

NFS Mounts in LibreElec

Random Freezes on Database import, reproducible if I import my entire Movies/TV Shows Library using a blank DB+Thumbnails.

Every subsequent restart and Import a few more items are added to DB to MECOOL.

Freezes as in: Cannot SSH into box. Cannot Ping box. IP address Kodi logs stop mid-stroke where freeze occurred, no errors logged etc. Remote power button does not work etc.

If I copy a populated DB and Thumbnails onto box and then start Kodi, Then Kodi it works fine.

My Library was exported on a NUC as individual files +Actors+Thumbnails+Fanarts etc overwriting all existing files.

Doing same Import on the same network cable on Raspberry PI 3 B+ works fine. LibreElec 8.2.5. Import is successful.

Both boxes were reset to default settings. No extra plugins, just the default ones. Same Estuary Skin.

Swapping SD card out does not solve issue. Same thing happens on MECOOL.

I have noticed that if I use the texturecache script on MECOOL box to cache thumbnails on a working populated DB the same occurs. Deadfreeze. Only re-plugging power solves it.

Not sure why I cannot SSH or Ping the box though. That shows a LibreElec crash and not Kodi if I am not mistaken.

Has anybody else experienced the same?

Thanks

Thanks.

This definitely works:

echo 1 > /sys/module/di/parameters/bypass_all

I will settle for your 2nd suggestion though:

echo 1 > /sys/module/di/parameters/bypass_hd

Thanks wrxtasy!

Solved that problem!

try...

Code

And if that works you can add it to autostart...

echo "echo 1 > /sys/module/di/parameters/bypass_all" >> /storage/.config/autostart.sh

I will mod LE 8.2.4.x for a permanent fix also if it all works.

I have enabled the de-interlace. Added it to autostart and checked that the bit is set after reboot.

I'll test ABC HD now.

Thanks for your help and pointing us in the right direction.

More Info found here:

Same problem-ish:

M8s pro L bug with fullhd iptv - FreakTab.com

and info here:

[SOLVED]Disable deinterlace - WeTek Community Forum

More reading to do for me:

echo 1 > /sys/module/amvdec_h264/parameters/error_recovery_mode
    echo 0 > /sys/module/di/parameters/nr2_en

Thanks for your hard work wrxtasy! Much appreciated!

New to this but have been running Libreelec for a long time on an Intel NUC.

Thought I could serve a better purpose with a S905/S912 box so landed here.

MECOOL M8S Pro L: S912 3G Ram 100Mb. Booting & running externally Samsung EVO SD Card.

No Overclocking. HD 1920x1080 TV and content only.

Running wrxtasy's latest 8.2.4.1 + dmt.img

I am at work so no logs at the moment. Sorry.

Before I ruin my warranty and open the box to troubleshoot heat issues, has anybody experienced the following:

FTA TV Stream (Myth Client) Watching ABC HD Channel Australia:

After about 30 mins of perfect image playback, on-screen faces will turn greyish/greenish and Horizontal Red tearing lines start appearing.

Pressing Stop and Playing the same FTA TV stream again immediately fixes it for about 30mins.

Movies/TV Shows play back perfectly for extended periods and immediately after the above occurs.

Australia Ten HD FTA plays back perfectly for extended periods and immediately after the above occurs.

If it was a heat problem I would have expected it to also affect playing back other channels/movies/Tv Shows.

This is repeatable.

I am simultaneously monitoring the stream on LibreElec NUC 8.2.5 and on LibreElec on Pi 3+ 8.2.5 and they play the same stream fine without issues.

The menus on the MECOOL with wrxstasy's version are far snappier than Pi, which is why I want to persist with this S912.

Plus it is a readily available solution.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank You

Cheers

Good afternoon,

Hoping that somebody can steer me in the right direction.

Long time Kodi user. Unfortunately with the advent of LibreELEC 7.95.2 I started getting random crashes quite frequently.
    LibreELEC 7.95.1 crashed about once a week and that was ok for me.

LibreELEC 7.95.2 and now LibreELEC 7.95.3 crashes randomly several times a day. Unfortunately always when you are actually watching something.

I have uploaded a log fro LibreELEC 7.95.3: http://sprunge.us/YVRM

Please note that the hardware is very solid. Librelec OS has never crashed. Only Kodi crashes.
    Windows 7 runs on this machine for months on end.

I have also used the same config on a NUC and the results are the same. Random Crashing.

I have now added CRON jobs to restart Kodi every night hoping that it might help keeping KODI up.

Can anybody help me get this problem resolved?

Thanks in advance.

Good Evening all,

Noob here, loved Openelec and am sure moving forward that I will feel the same way about LibreELEC.
    Thanks to all the contributors for all your hard work.

Saw this today:
    Audio over HDMI comes to Intel Cherry Trail PCs running Linux - Liliputing

They demonstrate HDMI Audio out on a Cherry Trail Z8300 SOC working on OpenELEC.

"Intel’s Pierre-Louis Bossart delivered a few patches in March, and CNX-Software notes that they seem to work with operating systems such as OpenELEC (which is a light-weight Linux distribution designed to run Kodi media center)."

Unfortunately the OpenELEC image provided is only half working but does demonstrate the HDMI out functionality in AUDIO OUT. You cannot actually configure SAMBA / SSH etc in that image as you cannot gain access to the OS etc. So not for day to day use.

I am currently running a NUC i5 which is very stable but would not mind replace it with a Cherry Trail Z8300 PC with LibreELEC on it. And they are cheap enough that I can give them as gifts with LibreELEC preloaded.
    These: W8 Pro (CX-W8 Pro) Review: Mini PC with Windows 10 powered by Intel Atom x5-Z8300 Cherry Trail • AndroidTVBOX.eu

How long would it take before the above changes for HDMI Audio is incorporated into LibreELEC?

Is there perhaps an easy guide for me to compile LibreELEC and upgrade and patch the Kernel?

Thanks everybody.