Posts by lrusak

install Hyperion from the LibreELEC repo, then place hyperion.config.json into the service.hyperion folder in the Userdata SMB share.

if you don't have a hyperion.config.json you need to make one or copy the sample one via ssh

Code
    cp /storage/.kodi/addons/service.hyperion/config/hyperion.config.json.sample /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.hyperion/hyperion.config.json

then edit it there

This should be fixed in the latest tvheadend 4.2, which should be built and pushed to the repo soon

I probably placed the above line in an incorrect position in the file, but the result was that I had no partitions auto mounted on boot up, but also I could not find a means to locate and mount any partition I might need, except on the network of course. I successfully mounted a network partition.

All I want to achieve is not to have the partitions mounted, but to have their presence recognised and have them made available for mounting through the filemanager.

Is it achievable?

Nope. What's wrong with having them mounted?

The only thing you could really do is create systemd automount services, but this isn't really a good solution.

I think it should be possible to unsquash the SYSTEM file, edit some rule and then mksquash again.
    This would work?

I would need to know what options to use for the mksquash command and also what edit to apply to which file ..... maybe
    /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/95-udevil-mount.rules ?

If this would work can you (or anyone else) provide the info needed?

Thanks.

don't bother, just copy the file to where it is editable

Code
    cp /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/95-udevil-mount.rules /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/

you'll probably want something like

Code
    SUBSYSTEM=="block", GOTO="exit"