Posts by lrusak

Yes it is possible, but it is not supported by default.

On the RPi we do not use pulseaudio or alsa via Kodi. Kodi has it's own special Pi sink that it outputs directly to.

So in order to get it to work, you need to load the snd-bcm2835 module (might be different on the RPi3)

Code
    echo "snd-bcm2835" > /storage/.config/modules-load.d/snd-bcm2835.conf

then reboot.
    Then you need to load the udev module

Code
    pactl load-module module-udev-detect

This will give you the new pulseaudio sink
    Then you need to see what sink and source you want to use.

Code
    pactl list short
    pactl set-default-sink <sink-name>
    pactl set-default-source <source-name>

So this is why we don't do this by default. There is no universal way to set it up across all platforms.

PS. this will probably corrupt your audio output from kodi, so after you will want to do this

Code
    rm /storage/.config/modules-load.d/snd-bcm2835.conf

and reboot.

Also, we never said this functionality would work. We simply support outputing audio from kodi to a bluetooth speaker, that's all.

I was trying for several hours to adapt the plain, unformatted tranmission.service RPI2 unsuccessfully , because unfortunately I do not have the experience to take over. I would appreciate enormously that could raise the tranmission.service for RPI2 file. thank you very much and sorry !.

I'm just in the process of building the docker images and pushing them to docker hub, but this will take a few days (maybe a week)

if you want you can do this

Code
    cd /storage
    wget https://github.com/lrusak/Dockerfiles/archive/master.zip
    unzip master.zip
    cd Dockerfiles-master/arm/transmission
    ./build.sh
    systemctl enable /storage/Dockerfiles-master/arm/transmission/transmission.service
    systemctl start transmission.service

I updated my existing le7.0 build and kodi got into a restart loop over one of my addins, reverting back fixed it. I had been playing with some of the tvaddon stuff so the issue could easily be there
    Makes me think I need to clean install. (oh I do have the log files if your interested)

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I believe the problem is with kodi and the inputstream add-ons. Hopefully this will be fixed shortly.

In that case just copy the transmission.service file and save it in /storage/.config/system.d/ and edit it until applicable.

I actually have a transmission docker file for RPI but I won't be able to post it till later tonight.

New LibreELEC Retroplayer builds!

So these new builds are based on LibreELEC master and garbear's latest work from here

These new builds aren't quite functionally on par with the old builds as garbear has been working on refactoring retroplayer into the latest Kodi codebase.

So if you want to play games stay on the old builds. I will leave them there until we are functionally on par.

We always appreciate testers though and it's a good way to test both the new retroplayer Kodi and the current state of LibreELEC master.

Builds are still located here, retroplayer

More builds will be coming soon, for now Generic and RPi2 builds are all I am providing.

Happy Testing!

I have included a sample transmission systemd service for docker (for x86_64 only)

to use it do

Code
    systemctl enable /storage/.kodi/addons/service.system.docker/examples/transmission.service
    Code
    systemctl start transmission

then the default username and password is transmission, password.

this creates directories in /storage/transmission for downloads, watchdir and config

lsmod:

Code
    RPiOpenElec:~ # lsmod
    Module                  Size  Used by
    8021q                  16074  0
    bcm2835_wdt             2777  0
    bcm2835_gpiomem         2652  0

Thanks for hint - will check tomorrow and let you know the result.

please do because I can possibly patch the device id into the driver for the next release

More success! Xorg doesn't detect input devices because udev isn't working inside Docker. Solved by adding manual configuration in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-inputs.conf:

Chromium segfaults for me both in Debian and in Arch, not sure what's up with that, but I got Firefox up and running so I'm happy

pretty cool. I'll setup a repo soon for dockerfiles related to LibreELEC. Then we can create one specifically for chromium or firefox.