Posts by lrusak

So in "/storage/.kodi/addons/http://plugin.dbmc/resources/lib/dropbox/rest.py" change the line that says

Code
    import urllib3

to

Code
    import requests.packages.urllib3 as urllib3

Then it should work after restarting.
    This add-on should also depend on scripts.module.requests

so in the addon.xml in the <requires> section it should have

Code
    <import addon="script.module.requests" version="2.9.1" />

this doesn't matter if you have script.module.requests installed already though.

You might want to ping the author so he knows this

also, he could do this

Code
    try:
       import urllib3
    except ImportError:
       try:
          import requests.packages.urllib3 as urllib3
       except ImportError:
          raise ImportError('Dropbox python client requires urllib3.')

or a similar solution

Doesn't even look like you have the hard drives plugged in?

For a RPi you really need to use a powered hard disk or a powered usb port. The RPi cannot provide the necessary power that an external HDD requires.

You could try using "max_usb_current=1" in config.txt
    see, Is setting `max_usb_current=1` to give more power to USB devices a bad idea? - Raspberry Pi Stack Exchange

Then next question is why do you use NTFS when you don't have a windows machine? ntfs blows.

I have done that, of course. Now that I think about it this kind of problem cant be completely fixed by the devs, but I think they either inspire people or drive them away. The walkthroughs and guides have to come from the community really. Different users offering up there own experences as to how they got this done. Don't you guys wonder why Linux cant overtake windows or osx on the desktop? Why avg user thinks linux is so hard? and why do we not try to break that sterotype down? It has a lot to do with community involvement, making it appear easy to build something, despite if it is really that difficult or not. Insaenlymac/tonymacx86 is busting with people offering how they got OSX bla bla on there machine. However when I look at LIbreElec or openElec I dont see the average user making there own builds unless its just for them and not sharing the exp with others. Why is that?

Over at the insanelymac community. Average users are constantly posting how they got there install done and what lil steps they took to make it work. The task of installing OSX on a pc is complicated but it has gotten easier through new tools. My point is the guides, & the users who write them make this community more digestable to the average user. I felt like making my own build before this and I thought it was almost impossible due to the feedback I got from this forum. However I tried anyway and I used the openelec guide above and ran into countless errors and gave up. I could not understand what the errors were and spent a solid 3 weeks googling because there was no avg joe blow who had come before me trying to do this and publishing there results, mistakes and errors. Even the topic milhouse pointed me at over at kodi.tv the guy gave up and never got the build done. Why is that? I might not have all the answers but I can certainly see the problem.

You're comparing apples to oranges. Installing software does not equal compilling software.

When building LibreELEC you are compiling every piece of software used from scratch. Anything can happen, it can depend on packages you alread have installed on your host system. I personally compile LibreELEC within a minimal linux container that contains only what I need to compile it. The errors can be anything and asking a question about each one is impossible. This is where google is your friend because if a pcakge doesn't compile for some reason there is probably someone else out there that has had the same problem (probably not for LibreELEC though).

The guides and wikis that we have were mostly written by me. I did most of the old OpenELEC wiki and some guys have ported some of it over to our wiki. It lays out everything you really need to know to get going. I'm sorry you have errors while building but we can't know everything about your system and what is installed on it that is possibly producing an error.

I use to do the hackintosh thing also, but that is a useless endeavour as linux is much more powerful for me and runs natively on most hardware (even the macbook that I am typing this on). So I'm sure they have a bustling community as I'm sure many people would like to use OSX on other hardware but it is very different than what we provide.

Your hardware you are using is very old, I'd be surprised if you could even use OSX on it. So why do you think we should support it? The entire point of our distrobution is to have a small embedded distro with the minimal amount of tools and packages you need to have a complete media center. We cannot support everything and I'm sure there is many individuals out there that would like to have something supported but whats the point if it's only a couple people out of a install base of what is now about 50,000 users?

You're card is fine. Anything 4xx series or newer is supported by normal nvidia driver.

Even then the legacy nvidia driver supports all the way back to 8xxx series gpus.

see, Appendix A. Supported NVIDIA GPU Products

the confusion may come from the fact that the guy in the the linked thread is wanting to use a 7900, which is not to be confused with your 7xx series card. the 7xxx series came out in 2005-2006 and was the last of the AGP cards before switching completely to PCI-E.

see, GeForce 7 series - Wikipedia

You could maybe try using the modesetting driver?

Code
    wget -O /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/97-xorg.rules https://raw.githubusercontent.com/lrusak/LibreELEC.tv/802317dd03c4a90c18cd12678129d6fdfda9e00f/packages/x11/xserver/xorg-server/udev.d/97-xorg.rules
    Code
    wget -O /storage/.config/xorg-modesetting.conf https://raw.githubusercontent.com/lrusak/LibreELEC.tv/802317dd03c4a90c18cd12678129d6fdfda9e00f/packages/x11/xserver/xorg-server/config/xorg-modesetting.conf

then reboot.

to revert back to the intel driver do

Code
    rm /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/97-xorg.rules

and reboot