Posts by Kurben

An easier way would have been to follow the "Alternative way of installing via recovery (not recommended):" step.

Once the sd card had the 5 files you boot into Android launch the BACKUP&UPGRADE app and select any random/dummy zip file hit install. The box reboots and starts flashing LE from SD to NAND.

I tried that but it did not work, it seems the box with a missing reset switch has a different bootloader and it can not boot from either usb or sd card.
    What happend when I tried that option was that when it rebooted and started the recovery option it just tried to update the random selected file and then gave an error.
    This is not the first MXQ box that I have flashed, all other previous models with reset switch has worked with the other guides, this one is different. Perhaps all new boxes later than mxq905 20160420 v2.0 will have this issue?

Success story regarding MXQ box without reset button.

I bought a MXQ PRO 4k box from ebay and planned on installing Libeelec on it.
    When I received it I booted it and it was running the standard Android from MBOX. It was already rooted with a installed SuperSu and I could access Google play store.
    It also had the app Update installed and when I followed the instructions kszaq it would not boot to either SD card or USB disk. No matter what I did it never booted from other then NAND from recovery. The recovery menu was also missing any option to select any other type of boot selection.

I then tried with the Toothpick method and I could not find any switch inside the AV port. So I opened the box and of course the board was missing a switch behind the AV port. I even tried shortening the empty solder points on the board but it did not work (probably disabled in firmware).
    And since the reset switch was missing I could no use USB loading tool either.

The board as a label that say : mxq905 20160420 v2.0

So if you have a similar then you can follow this guide.

I then installed Rashr from Google play and granted it superuser rights, and also installed TWRP APP from google play.
    After that I installed TWRP 3.0.2 using Rashr TWRP for Amlogic devices. - FreakTab.com . Be sure to select the TWRP3_T8x.img

Now I could boot into TWRP recovery but it still would not let me boot from SD or USB.

I then found this thread on freaktab : LibreELEC 7.0 For S905/X - FreakTab.com

Pinguy that is the author of that thread has made a TWRP image of Kszaq's Libreelec images. I installed the image that he made : https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&confirm=CRLm&id=0B21a8VVM4QfGS3RsclVtei1veTg to NAND.
    And the box booted right into Libreelec! SUCCESS!

But the Pinguy build was using the wrong dtb.img for my box so I had no ethernet or wifi and the remote was not working...
    I then put Ksaq's newest build 7.0.2.008 with the gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb (renamed to dtb.img) files on a USB stick and mounted the /.update folder from within KODI and copied the files from the USB stick to the update folder and rebooted.

VOILA now network and Wifi worked but not the remote.

I then tried with different remote files from Pinguy's thread but none worked so I made my own version that is included in this post.

I did some special key assignments for the remote, Browser key opens the "O" function detailed video data, and also mapped the play/fastforward/skip etc keys to the keyboard commands. I also removed the power key assignment because if you shutdown the box it does not wake up again without power cycle. So I keep it running all the time.

BEWARE this will install Libreelec to NAND and it will not be possible to boot Andorid after this!