Posts by horstepipe

hello
    Just tried to connect my Harmony hub to my raspberry pi 3 with libreelec 8.0.1.
    Unfortunately pairing aborts with this notification:
    Bluetooth error - operation not permitted.

Here is the output of my kodi log after enabling bluetooth and trying to pair:

I'm using the built-in bluetooth module.
    Is this a known bug in current libreelec build or do you have any idea what's going wrong here?

There's already thousands of pages on the internet that explain how to use tar so to eliminate PEBKAC issues it's probably easier to stick with the GUI tools in Kodi. So: Restore the backup. Install the add-ons from the Kodi GUI. Take a new backup. Job done.

then please please show me one of those thousands of pages, I can only find info on how to create .tar.gz archives...

hey
    I created a .tar backup file with the built-in LibreELEC backup tool.
    Is there a way to edit that file so I can add some addons to it?
    Extracting it is no problem, but how to get it back to .tar format (readable by the LibreELEC restore tool) on Windows or MacOS?

Best regards

The quetion might be if the backupped zip (IIRC it is a zip file) contains something or not and if yes, what does it contain? If it doesn't contain anything then it might be easier to find out where the issue is. If it contains the correct files, then it's not the backup which fails, but then it's the restore.

Would be nice if you could check that, horstepipe.

Sure
    it is a .tar file and it looks like everything is there:
    backup.tar (I renamed it from 20161019.tar or something like this)
    --> storage (folder)
    --> .cache (folder)
    --> .config (folder)
    --> .kodi (folder)

All folders are filled with more files and folders, in .kodi folder everything is on its place (addons, addon_data, settings I created)

Any specific file/folder you are looking for?

hey
    I just setup Kodi to my needs and created a Libreelec backup.
    Then I reinstalled libreelec to test it, went to System -> Libreelec -> restore backup, chose my file and everything looked fine (no errors).
    Unfortunately after the automatic reboot nothing has changed (absolutely nothing)

Is the backup function currently broken on Libreelec 7.0.2?
    If you need some logs please tell me which one.

Best regards