Posts by logicheart

Hello again...

Yesterday i tested a second brand new out-of-the-box Mini M8S II Android TV box...

I did the following procedure:

1) Downloaded latest development LibreELEC version LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161024175728-r23406-g57856b7.img.gz ...

2) Used Rufus to "burn" it on an external SD Card 16GB...

3) Copied file dtb.img to SD Card which is the renamed device tree file gxl_p212_2g.dtb...

4) Started TV box by pressing the recovery button underneath...

5) Started LibreELEC from SD Card...

6) I connected to TV box with SSH and executed command "installtointernal" to install in NAND...

7) TV box restarted, i ejected SD Card...

8) Setup LibreELEC and Kodi...

9) I installed no Addons except BSPlayer subtiltles and added Sources from my NAS for Music, Movies and TV Shows...

10) I played an episode 720p, AC3, MKV from NAS and paused at the middle of the episode...

11) I went to bed without closing TV box, only TV and amplifier...

12) I woke up, opened TV and TV box was frozen... I had to unplug power cord...

Is there anyone who can reproduce this issue?

Best regards...

Hello again...

Yesterday i tested a second brand new out-of-the-box Mini M8S II Android TV box...

I did the following procedure:

1) Downloaded latest development LibreELEC version LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161024175728-r23406-g57856b7.img.gz ...

2) Used Rufus to "burn" it on an external SD Card 16GB...

3) Copied file dtb.img to SD Card which is the renamed device tree file gxl_p212_2g.dtb...

4) Started TV box by pressing the recovery button underneath...

5) Started LibreELEC from SD Card...

6) I connected to TV box with SSH and executed command "installtointernal" to install in NAND...

7) TV box restarted, i ejected SD Card...

8) Setup LibreELEC and Kodi...

9) I installed no Addons except BSPlayer subtiltles and added Sources from my NAS for Music, Movies and TV Shows...

10) I played an episode 720p, AC3, MKV from NAS and paused at the middle of the episode...

11) I went to bed without closing TV box, only TV and amplifier...

12) I woke up, opened TV and TV box was frozen... I had to unplug power cord...

I attach the necessary file logs...

Best regards and thank you for your patience and help...

Hello...

I also use only ethernet because wireless is very unreliable...

I use DD and DTS pass-through to my amplifier through HDMI (not optical)...

I use stock remote since it works alright...

I have not tested it with 4K...

I have another one, brand new, which i will also test with 008 version to check if it shows the same behavior...

Best regards...

Hello...

My box is Mini M8S II with Amlogic 905X and 2 GB RAM / 8 GB internal storage as you mention...

When i did the initial installation of LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.008-fix.img.gz version i did not use any device tree but when i update to the latest development version LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161024175728 i used file gxl_p212_2g.dtb during update... Just as a side note the behavior was the same before and after the update of device tree...

I use the box with Ethernet because WiFi cannot hold the bandwidth of some of the movies i have... So i have WiFi (and also Bluetooth) disabled...

I have not checked with "o"... I will do this tonight and post new results...

Best regards...

Yesterday i tried with another installation of LibreELEC (latest version), with another movie, this time without any hardware acceleration and i had the same results...

CPU-KODI started at 240% and reached 400% at some complex scenes which is normal since there was no hardware acceleration... Also when i paused the movie CPU-KODI went to 35% which is also normal since there was no other activity...

But after 30-35 minutes CPU-KODI abnormally rised about 100-120%... So when the movie was playing instead of the usual 240% i saw the value going at 340-360% steadily and when i paused the movie instead of the ususal 35% i saw the value going at 120-130%... And when i paused the movie after about 5 -10 minutes the box froze altogether...

It is if something was executed in the background and started using the CPU...

RAM was alright and steady in its values during this whole process so this does not point to a memory leak...

Do you have any idea why this is happening? Logs was sent in a previous message yesterday but if you wish i can attach them also here...

Best regards...

@kszaq I tested again after installing the latest development version and i had the same results... After some time CPU-KODI rose and when movie was paused after a while the system froze... When the movie was paused CPU-KODI stayed at 120%, it did not lower at all...

The only things i did notice were the following:

1) System was using slightly more RAM, that is instead of 1.4-1.5 GB it was using 1.6 GB,

2) CPU-KODI started climbing to 120% after 1 hour of movie time instead of 30-35 minutes with the previous version... I used a different movie (i was bored seeing the same movie again and again :-)) ) which was H.264, DTS, MKV...

Except the change of version, i installed a new heat-sink to keep better cooled the CPU unit...

I attach the necessary log files...

Best regards...

could you try it out and look if you could reproduce your issue?

I will try also this connection but first i will try the new build Kszaq posted to see if it fixes the issue...

Thank you for your help... :)
    [hr]

logicheart Please update to the latest development version (link in my post above) - simply drop that file into Update folder and reboot: HOW TO:Update LibreELEC - LibreELEC
    There is one memory leak fix that might help you.

For any next bug report please generate log according to point 8 here: LibreELEC
    This - apart from Kodi log - includes system logs that may include additional helpful information. Thanks.

Edit: I also prefer NFS over SMB. ;)

Thank you, I will try the new version and post results...

Okay !
    I can be honest with you and say that i learnt a long time ago that some of these add-ons caused my boxes to freeze as they run in the background with some seriously bad code.
    I know of 3 add-ons you have installed which are definitely causing you grief but please don't ask which ones.
    Anyway, lets call it a learning curve and hopefully members will read this post and get the message.
    No hard feelings. You are free to load your box with whatever you want.
    Just remember though , logs with banned add-ons will be ignored. :angel:

Hello Kszaq and Kostaman...

Yesterday i made a clean installation of LibreELEC (latest version 7.0.2.008) on an external SD Card and i installed only the following addons from official Kodi repo:

Keymap Editor, Super Favorites, TVShow Time and BSPlayer subtitles...

Then i added a new source to my Movies folder in NAS by using NFS connection and played a movie (H.264, AC3, MKV file) with lots of action and fast scenes so i can test the load on the box...

I made two tests and the box froze in both times with the following same behavior (i had debug logging on so i could see RAM, CPU cores and CPU-KODI values on screen):

At first everything was normal with CPU-KODI around 30-40% in all scenes, fast or slow... Suddenly after 30-35 minutes of watching the movie CPU-KODI rose gradually to 50-60 until it went to 120% where it remained... I paused the movie and instead of CPU-KODI to lower it remained at 110-120% steady... After a few minutes the box froze and i had to pull the power plug out... I tested again with the remainder half of the movie and i had the seam exact behavior... In all times RAM was at 1.4-1.5 GB of total 1.8 GB...

I tried without any acceleration and the minute the movie started CPU-KODI rose to 240-260% and i stopped this test right there since without acceleration there was so much load...

I attach the two log files from the tests and two photos of the debug log as seen on TV after the box froze...

Thank you in advance for your help...

I also had an issue with remote control in Mini M8S II...

In builds i tested (006-007) it was working alright but in 008 the "Back" button was not working...

I used Keymap Editor Kodi addon to map the "Back" function to the desired button and everything is working alright now...

You asked the same question in link above and were asked to post a log by DaVu , Who Clearly advised you "Be aware, that we don´t support video streaming addons that provide pirated content." see below.
    Be straight with us when asking for help as we can't be misled with what you have loaded on your box and then try and help you which is a waste of time.
    It's a waste of time because looking at your logs , what you have installed on that box is guaranteed to make it run like a pig.

First of all, thank you for your help...

I did not want to misled anyone that is why i said that i have installed Pulse CCM bulid...

When i was asked about third party addons i thought i was asked if it was crashing when using one of them not by just been installed in the system...

I will try again with a clean install of LibreELEC with just the library files from the NAS...

Again i apologize for this...

Best regards...

Hello...

I have an Android TV box, Mini M8S II with Amlogic S905X and i have erased Android and installed in NAND the latest version of LibreEELC 7.0.2.008 with Kodi Pulse CCM latest version (fresh install)...

Everything is alright and working fine (CEC, passthrough, remote etc.) except that the box freezes at random times...

I have tried to check if the temperature is the reason for this with no effect... I changed the thermal pad, i even opened the bottom of the box so the heat goes out more easily with no results...

Every time i see an episode of 50 minutes the box will freeze at least once (two times is very rare)... The odd thing is that it does not happen at the start but from the middle to the end of the episode, that is 30+ minutes after the start... Also sometimes (again rarely) this happens when i am in Kodi menu...

Does anybody has any idea why this is happening? Is it LibreELEC or the box itself?

I do not use any addons, videos are stored in a NAS and played from Kodi library and the samea happens when running from SD Card instead of NAND...

Also i attach Kodi logfiles...

Best regards...

Get us a logfile

Tell us where those movies you play are stored? Is it locally on a NAS or an attached HDD or are we talking about internet streams? Be aware, that we don´t support video streaming addons that provide pirated content. If you have issues with them, please ask those where you get the addon from.

If we are not talking about video addons, then please share the logfile with us:

HOW TO:Provide Logfile - LibreELEC

Hello and thank you for your reply...

I do not use any addons, videos are stored in a NAS and played from Kodi library...

I will get the Kodi logfile and send it as soon as possible...

Best regards...

Hello...

I have an Android TV box, Mini M8S II with Amlogic S905X and i have erased Android and installed in NAND the latest version of LibreEELC 7.0.2.008 with Kodi Pulse CCM latest version...

Everything is alright and working fine (CEC, passthrough, remote etc.) except that the box freezes at random times...

I have tried to check if the temperature is the reason for this with no effect... I changed the thermal pad, i even opened the bottom of the box so the heat goes out more easily with no results...

Every time i see an episode of 50 minutes the box will freeze at least once (two times is very rare)... The odd thing is that it does not happen at the start but from the middle to the end of the episode, that is 30+ minutes after the start... Also sometimes (again rarely) this happens when i am in Kodi menu...

Does anybody has any idea why this is happening? Is it LibreELEC or the box itself?

Best regards...