Posts by Monie

As of yesterday I haven't been able to download subtitles through the OpenSubtitles add-on to my external hard drive. I get a "Failed to download subtitle" message.

Transmission has also stopped downloading torrents and tells me that there is no more space on the external hard drive, despite there being plenty of space.

I think there is some kind of permissions issue preventing LibreELEC from writing to the external hard drive.

How do I resolve this? This happens both with my external NTFS hard drive and another FAT32 flash drive, so I don't think it's particular to any one drive.

I am running LE on a Raspberry Pi 3.

I set the username and password but it still doesn't work.

I also tried the Transmission client addon but it doesn't work via localhost either. I tried listing all the processes using ps -a command but transmission doesn't even seem to be listed.

For some reason I'm no longer able to access the Transmission web interface at 192.168.0.50:9091/transmission/web. I'm getting the ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED message from Chrome.

It was working fine yesterday, and I haven't changed anything since then other than installing some other addons (docker and plex server), which don't seem to be related.

How can I troubleshoot this?

EDIT: Here's a log from Kodi: hastebin. I disabled and re-enabled the addon to hopefully reproduce the error.

Also the Kodi web interface loads fine at 192.168.0.50:8080 so I think it's not any problem with the network. I've tried restarting the network as well.

I'm trying to create a docker container for a Plex Media Server, using this image: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/plex/. I'm running LibreELEC on a Raspberry Pi 3.

I tried the following command to create the container:

Code
    docker create \
    --name=plex \
    --net=host \
    -e VERSION=latest \
    -e PUID=0 -e PGID=0 \
    -e TZ=Asia/Kolkata \
    -v /var/media/falconhdd/transmission/config:/config \
    -v /var/media/falconhdd/transmission/downloads:/data/downloads \
    -v /var/media/falconhdd/transmission/transcode:/transcode \
    linuxserver/plex

And then I ran it using docker start plex

However the container seems to crash immediately. I see no running containers when typing in docker ps and when I try to list all containers using docker ps -a the status of the plex container shows as Exited (1) 9 seconds ago

Is there anything wrong with how I created the container that is causing it to immediately crash? This happened with some other images as well. Not sure how to solve this.

EDIT: I pulled the logs for the container using docker logs plex and got the following:

Code
    standard_init_linux.go:178: exec user process caused "exec format error"

What does this mean?

Thanks.

Is there any way to set the maximum number of active torrents in Transmission? There doesn't seem to be any option in the GUI. I usually don't want more than one torrent to be downloading at a time.

I just installed the Transmission addon and it runs great! Thanks for putting in the work.

As a big newbie to Kodi and add-ons, I have a rather paranoid question: How can I ensure that when downloading add-ons from the internet that they are free of malicious code? I don't have the expertise to look through the code myself, but I see that on this forum Thoradia is a trusted member and don't investigate further. Is this level of vetting enough?

Here's another thread I found about a similar problem: Raspberry Pi • View topic - Strange HDMI issue on LG Plasma TV

Granted that his problem was much more serious than mine. But in his case also, the issue existed only between a particular TV and the RPi, with the RPi working fine on other displays, and the TV working fine with other devices. So some kind of compatibility issue. It's really weird to be honest.

Does this tell you anything? Would be really great if I could solve this problem.

Hello guys. Sorry being a bit late to reply. Unfortunately, I've tried everything at this point. Meddled with all the TV settings. Updated the TV firmware. Reset the TV to default settings. Tried a different HDMI cable. Tried different HDMI ports. Nothing really produces ideal results -- the picture always ends up looking off.

I'm going to try Kodi on my Windows laptop to see if it produces the same results (although VLC is fine). Will also try playing videos on Raspbian on the RPi to see if the problem is isolated to Kodi on the Pi.

If I can somehow make the RPi work as a CEC adapter (like the one from pulse-eight), then I actually may be able to use my Windows laptop as a media center instead, utilizing the RPi for CEC alone. Is that possible?

Can you plug the RPi into another TV to see if the problem is isolated to your Bravia?

I plugged it into another TV and funnily enough, the colors looked absolutely normal on that TV. Here's an image of the second TV: Dropbox - IMG_20161025_110043.jpg

Also, here's the Kodi log on the second TV: HCHQ

This leads me to the conclusion that the problem is with my TV (the first one). But weirdly, that TV works fine with every other device other than the Raspberry Pi. So it can only lead me to conclude that it's a weird compatibility issue with the TV and the Pi.

If it helps, the model of the first TV is KDL-55W950B.

I'm not sure about this, but I was thinking that maybe messing with color space using the "xrandr" command might make a difference. But LibreELEC does not seem to allow this command.

The PC may be driving the display in a DMT (monitor) mode, rather than a CEA (TV) mode.
    You could try adding "hdmi_group=2" to config.txt will force a DMT mode.

Adding hdmi_group=2 shows the message "unsupported signal" on my TV and the colors do not change.
    [hr]

Ah ok, maybe change it back so you're not going to have problems with that in the future?

I assume you tried both the laptop and RPI on the same HDMI port?

Did you calibrate your laptop and do you have any other computer/device to try?

Yup I've changed it back now.

Yes, I tried the laptop and RPI on the same port with the same HDMI cable. I did not do any calibration on the laptop.

As for other devices, I remember using a Asus media player a year ago and the colors looked normal then. Also, the inbuilt media player on the TV (which can be used by connecting a flash drive to the TV's USB port) and the inbuilt Netflix app all show normal colors. So far this problem is exclusive to the Pi.

It looks like the wrong colour-space. In your log it says: hdmi_pixel_encoding=3 which is YCbCr and it should be RGB.

Change it to hdmi_pixel_encoding=1 (Limited RGB (16-235)) or hdmi_pixel_encoding=2 (Full RGB (0-255)) in the config.
    Config.txt - LibreELEC

I had actually changed it to hdmi_pixel_encoding=3 manually in config.txt to see if that would resolve the problem.

Unfortunately, the picture looks exactly the same in all four settings. In fact the above photo was taken at default settings when the encoding was at Limited RGB by default.

There shouldn't be any visible difference if TV respects the signalling.
    The setting will change both the (limited/full) range of the pixels output, and the signalling of limited/full range to the TV.
    So if the TV understands the signalling (it should) then it should display very similar pictures in both cases.

The setting is only useful when the TV fails to respect the signalling, and e.g. if interpreting the pixels as full range when they are actually limited.
    Forcing the pixel encoding will solve that, but it is rarely required (only when TV is causing the problem).

So, I don't think this is the issue.

The TV may have different presets for colour/contrast/brightness from different sources. You may want to experiment in the TV menu.

Thanks and sorry for the late reply.

I haven't been able to achieve satisfactory results with the TV settings and as far as I can see, this seems to be a problem with the Pi. My Pi and my Windows laptop produce very different images with the exact same TV settings.

Here's how it looks like on my Windows laptop (normal colors). Sorry for the poor quality of the photo.

And here's how it looks like on my Pi (oversaturated colors):

The issue persists in OSMC as well, so this seems to be a problem with Kodi and my TV. It also persists over different video files.

Here's a log from Kodi: DiJY

I remember experiencing this kind of problem with a Mac Mini many years ago, and I fixed it after running some commands on the Terminal. I absolutely cannot remember right now what exactly I did to fix the problem.

Maybe try setting

hdmi_pixel_encoding in config.txt

see, RPiconfig - eLinux.org

It seems that in LibreELEC, config.txt is located in /flash/config.txt rather than in /boot/config.txt

It didn't already have a line for hdmi_pixel_encoding, so I added a new line. Changing the value does not seem to make any difference. :(

EDIT: When I check the status using "tvservice -s", then a difference is shown. But I cannot see any difference on the TV visually.

Hi guys.

I've set up LibreELEC 7.0.2 with my Raspberry Pi 3 with my Sony Bravia TV.

One of the first things I noticed is that the colors on videos look extremely over-saturated and unnatural. The same video when played on VLC on my Windows laptop looks just fine.

I think this is probably related to color space, but I find no color space settings available in the video output settings in LibreELEC. According to the Kodi Wiki, this is supposed to be available in the system settings, but I cannot find it.

What should I do?