Posts by uatschitchun

I tried blacklisting rc_tt_1500 with no success!

The logs I posted already have that module blacklisted!

Don't know what language you speak, but here's a german thread dealing with problems around v4l2 and gpio pumping:
    Alternative Pins für IR TSOP ?

I'll try to use some other gpio for IR, as the above thread states that some gpio are being used with spi when using v4l2. Even USB WiFi has problems...

My conclusion would be, as this problem seems to be of matters with hyperion, vdr, dvb, etc, it has something to do with v4l2...

I tried 7.95.1 yesterday, but had kernel oops, like described here:
    thread-3869.html

I'll fetch some logs of kernel oops and post it in the other thread.

The USB receiver worked well on my server, but that is running headless vdr, so no IR involved.

Here are some new logs. I had enabled dtparam I2C, I2S and SPI in the hope it changes something, but it didn't. So in the above dmesg you see I2C and IR fighting for gpio 18.

dmesg:
    93wt

lsmod:
    ic0v

For overview, here's output of ir-keytables

Code
    Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event1) with:
            Driver (null), table rc-tt-1500
            Supported protocols: rc-5
            Enabled protocols:
            Name: IR-receiver inside an USB DVB re
            bus: 3, vendor/product: 0b48:3007, version: 0x0101
            Repeat delay = 1000 ms, repeat period = 125 ms

So you see this rc_tt_1500 module is the keymap of S2-3600's IR receiver

FYI, here's an issue regarding hyperion-project with exactly the same issues (v4l2?)
    LIRC Remote Not Responding · Issue #246 · hyperion-project/hyperion · GitHub

Hi there, I've got a very strange problem I can't fix on my own :(

Running LE 7.0.3 on RPi3. I added a TSOP4838 as IR receiver on gpio 18 using lirc_rpi. All working well. I had VNSI client aiming to my remote VDR server. As I wanted to be able to record and view TV at the same time, I needed to add a second DVB-S receiver. This one, a TT-S3600, I connected to my RPi3 client, as I have only one sat cable at my server.

Ok, went and added vdr.backend addon, configured, added channels.conf from server (for to have same channel mapping), set VNSI to localhost instead of my server's address and rebooted.

So far, so good.

Problem now is:
    If vdr.backend is running, the IR remote is lagging and keys are not received, so not sent!?
    GUI is still responsive and I'm able to control kodi very fast with BT keyboard, but not with remote?

irw gives results, if keys are receipt. But they aren't receipt as they should!

Deactivating vdr.backend gives back full control with IR!

Thought of the USB receiver has its own IR receiver (rc_tt_1500) and tried to disable it, but I can't.
    If I 'modprobe - r rc_tt_1500', I get a kernel oops, so no chance this way. 'modinfo dvb_usb_pctv452e' even has no param regarding IR, so I'm lost here.

Added '--lirc=/dev/null' to vdr.start to no avail either :(

Don't know what's interfering here...

Last I tried, as it felt like IRQ troubles, was to change TSOP from GPIO 18 to 22 (with corresponding changes to config.txt). Again, without vdr.backend (disabled), remote is working fine. With vdr.backend enabled, the remote is suddenly laggy, unresponsive and sometimes multiple keypresses aren't even recognized (seen with irw).

Switching USB ports didn't helped either.

So, what am I supposed to do, to get this beast pinned down? :)

P. S. Stumbled upon this one:
    LIRC Remote Not Responding · Issue #246 · hyperion-project/hyperion · GitHub

It matters hyperion, but symptoms are quite identical!

Hi there,

I'm running libreelec from noobs on RPi3.

Small problem is, the partitions of other OS (root-rbp2, boot-rbp2, etc) are always mounted and show up within movies and music when viewing files.
    I'm able to 'safely remove' them, but they always show up again after reboot :(

As /etc isn't writable, I'm unable to declare those partitions in fstab to not be mounted automatically.

Changelog for 7.0.2 states:

Update udev rules to prevent noobs partitions auto-mounting

See: LibreELEC (Jarvis) v7.0.2 MR – LibreELEC

What to do?

Thanks, will try that for to see if I am able so set latency with another default-sink.

Regarding ladspa, the module (.so) is there, but it seems no plugins, neither also nor pulse.

I can't even get analog audio only. Hdmi only works, but all other outputs that use analog also use hdmi. As from kszaqs commits it seems audio is hardwired within dtb

Ok, tried the following:

Code
    systemctl stop kodi
    pactl load-module module-udev-detect
    pactl list cards
    pactl set-port-latency-offset alsa_card.platform-aml_m8_snd.46 analog-output 28000

That's sadly not working, as audio is only using pulse with Bluetooth, else this would be the solution :(

Both, pulse and alsa have the ability to use 'ladspa' to set a delay, but it seems neither Pas nor alsa's ladspa is shipped with LibreElec?

As experiments go further, I added /storage/.config/asound.conf

Code
    pcm.pulse { type pulse }
    ctl.pulse { type pulse }
    pcm.!default { type pulse }
    ctl.!default { type pulse }

For to use make alsa use pulseaudio

All to no avail. Setting whatever I want doesn't change anything, sadly
    Maybe because of:

Code
    # amixer
    ALSA lib /home/kszaq/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-S905.arm-7.0-devel/alsa-lib-1.1.1/src/dlmisc.c:254:(snd1_dlobj_cache_get) Cannot open shared library /usr/lib/alsa/libasound_module_ctl_pulse.so
    amixer: Mixer attach default error: No such device or address

Trying something different:

Code
    pactl load-module module-ladspa-sink sink_name=midDelay sink_properties=device.description=midDelay master=mid plugin=cmt label=delay_0.01s control=0.0001,0.00006
    Failure: Module initialization failed

So, someone able to enlighten me, on how to make libreelec being able to use pulse audio (or I am overseeing something) and respect set-port-latency-offset?
    Or how to make ladspa work?

As this is not a kodi forum, I'm aware that this isn't a kodi problem :)

I know it's possible with the use of pulseaudio to define a new audio sink with delay or use alsa with ladspa plugin (I don't know in detail, but read about it), but I don't know how audio is handled within libreelec, as kodi handels it alone.

Hi there, using kszaqs latest build on s905x box. Connected my box to TV via hdmi and active speakers to analog out jack. Both outputs have audio, but...
    There's a delay, possibly caused by TV's picture processing resulting in delayed audio over hdmi in contrast to analog out.

I like to setup for having both outputs working without delay while TV is on and analog always on, for to have audio still when TV is off.

So I've got a few issues here...

1.) I can't understand how it is handled, that analog and hdmi are on at the same time, hardware related or using alsa?

2.) is there a way with alsa or pulseaudio, to set a delay on analog out?

I've got 3 sinks in kodi. Hdmi, pcm (both alsa) and bluetooth (pulseaudio). There no difference between switching the first two

Read, that pulseaudio should be able to delay an audio sink, but therefore it needs pulseaudio enabled (see 2.) and I don't know what's best way to go...

Another option would be to suspend the output videowise. If I connect the speakers to TV's analog output, audio is in sync, but switching off TV switches off audio, too :(

Any tipps welcome! Thx in advance

P. S. I know this thread: LibreELEC