Posts by trent

I will send you a sample to test in a few minutes, please test it. Perhaps send me one of your files which do not play and I will test.

This thread shows a man with same problem.

DD+ stopped working on my AVR since 9.0.0 - Kodi - CoreELEC Forums

As best I can tell, his issue seems to be a combination of two things:

1) files with DD+ encoded in some non-standard way

2) Old version of Kodi handled the non-standard DD+ stream okay. New versions do not

My signal chain is

Raspberry Pi 3 -> Yamaha RXv581 -> LG TV

(I don't go from Pi directly into the TV first because most TVs have passthrough limitations)

LibreElec latest stable (9.0.2 ?)

Kodi > System > Audio settings: (perhaps need to enable expert view)

Code
    Audio output device: PI: HDMI
    Number channels: 7.1
    Output config: optimized
    PLL adjustment : Off
    Allow passthrough: ON
    Dolby Digital capable receiver: YES
    Dolby Digital Plus capable : YES
    DTS capable : YES

In the Kodi "Player" settings, Sync playback to display is OFF.

I am not suggesting that all my settings are correct or right for you. However you should match the settings and signal chain first, so we can determine if DD+ works for you.

So if this is not a general issue LE has with the Raspi 3, how can I try to resolve the problem. Because I have no issues whatsoever passing any audio to my AVR. Only DD+ and only on LE Raspi. Kodi on Windows works fine.

I have checked all the Settings I think, so what can I do?

I will post my settings and signal chain tomorrow. You can compare and then maybe we work from there to determine the problem.

Well I certainly cannot see the "specifically" in your initial thread. Not too sure I wish to help you any more.

I was not having a go at you mate. I tried to phrase the question in a way to avoid uneccesary discussion. But it did not work, this is my bad, not yours.

Thanks for your help

Thanks for reply

1) I do not experience regular temperature warnings. I specifically said that I did not, to avoid discussion about heatsinks etc.

I merely wish to disable the possibility of the icon ever showing, the reason is immaterial.

I found this:

As usual you can override the behaviour in config.txt if you understand the risks:

avoid_warnings=1 removes the warning overlay.

avoid_warnings=2 additionally allows turbo when low-voltage is present.

can it work in LibreELEC ?

2) Thanks

3) Thanks

Hello,

1) How can one disable the Raspberry Pi temperature warning (thermometer symbol) ?

Note I do not actually experience regular warnings...I merely want to disable the warning

2) With Wifi turned off in LibreElec settings add-on, is the wifi chip in a Pi3 fully disabled? (ie no power going to it)

If not, how can one fully disable it ?

3) How can one minimize logging to SD card (to preserve its life etc) ? Is it sufficient to disable logging in Kodi settings ?

Thanks

Currently running an RPi 2 with LE 9.0.2 and was considering upgrading to an Odroid N2 until the RPi 4 came along.

Will the RPi 4 do HDR 10 and HEVC/H.265 at 1080p as well as 4K?

Also, in terms of running Kodi, does the N2 have any tangible benefits over the RPi 4?

Of course. If it can do 4K it can do 1080p.

Please note this:

"Once the initial excitement and activity from the 4B launch calms down, serious work on HDR and transitioning Raspberry Pi over to the new GBM/V4L2 video pipeline can start."

Major work is needed to get Kodi v19 ready. It will not release until 2021 probably. And making Pi4 new video features work fully on v18 is a waste of time, a dead end. So don't rush to buy it, be patient. Probably 4B+ will be released by the time Kodi v19 is ready for end-users.

Okay, I eventually figured it out.

First I have to run this (I don't know what it is or why I need to run it .... )

Code
    curl -sL http://wrxtasy.libreelec.tv/LE-Xiaomi/xbt.sh | bash -

Then I have to create and edit the xiaomibtremote.evmap file

Code
    nano .config/xiaomibtremote.evmap

My file looks like this:

Code
    KEY_POWER   = KEY_MENU
    KEY_HOME    = KEY_PLAYPAUSE
    KEY_BACK    = KEY_EXIT
    KEY_F5      = KEY_INFO

I am not sure if this will be my final configuration but it suits my using pattern better than the default configuration.

Hello,

I have Raspberry Pi 3 and Xiaomi Bluetooth remote.

vfzwoof.jpg

It works fine, but the default keymap does not suit me, how can I change the function of some buttons ?

"Stop updating" sounds a bit crude, your machine will work, just not with LibreELEC 10+ as it stands right now. Most add-ons should still be available and update-able in a standalone solution upto Kodi 18, but people using shared SQL Kodi video/music libraries will not be happy, all "thanks" to Nvidia's change of direction in video drivers, there is currently no viable successor for its VDPAU driver in LibreELEC/Linux.

One alternative is a cheap Android box type of box, which performs pretty well these days graphics-wise. More and more support is in the pipeline as you already read in the new blog post.

Will Nvidia ION machines still have video acceleration in LE 10 ?

If Your PC supports Wake On LAN then maybe Your router is capable to sen WOL command to it...

On OPEN/DD-WRT and similar based routers You can use router to wake up WOL compatible devices...

My router is ISP locked-down but I do have an always-on Rpi with LE on same network so maybe I can send a schedule WOL packet from that. I was hoping not to involve other machines for simplicity/reliability reasons but I guess I can try something like that.

Thanks

Hello,

I have LE 8.2.5 running on an x86 machine. It is in suspend mode when not in use (I think S3).

Is it possible to set a wake timer in order to resume from sleep automatically at the same time every day (eg 3am) ?

I found reference to setwakeup.sh but I am not sure if it will suit my purpose nor how to use it.

Thanks