Posts by g7ruh

Hi Chewitt

Slightly later than planned, caused by "unplanned sickness", an update for you:

I have updated my main box and confirm that the audio plays fine using audio switcher (like bleep42). Video plays fine too.
    To clarify, for anyone who does not read the whole thread, my video is only TV series and stereo sound. I am saving the surround sound stuff for when I upgrade to a CM3.

Thanks for the work on this..... looks good and is quite responsive when compared with the current Five Ninjas stable build (using older versions of Libreelec and Kodi).

Roger

would be great if you can do the full update test.

I got back earlier than planned....

Reloaded Five Ninjas Nightly build which booted and tested OK.

Downloaded your rebuilt package (16 Oct 0740) and installed it. All works as it should. The only (obvious) difference is the LibreElec splash screen at boot time: it now says "LibreElec Alpha" not "LibreElec, just enough OS for kodi" Is this a planned update of the splash screen or a regression to earlier version?

Apart from that I can confim the analogue audio and optical audio work as they should "out of the box".

Thanks for assembling the package. I will test it for a bit longer on audio then install on my main Slice and test my video too, and report back on the results in a day or five.

If you would like me to do any more testing, just ask.

FYI (it should not make any difference functionally, although Gordon advised that it will likely reduce performance a bit) I am using NTFS partitions on both Slice boxes. I am just using the video to play old TV show box sets, not any serious decoding of surround sound tracks etc. I am waiting until CM update and may then revert to EXT4 partitons as well. I was testing the NTFS one a while ago for Gordon and saw no reason to change it.

Roger

It's a packaging issue in the image. If you download dt-blob.bin and replace the current file in /flash it should work fine. At least, I have normal stereo output here, a cable needs to be acquired to test the optical output.

Thanks, that fixes it nicely. I have analogue audio and optical audio too.

If you fix the package, I will reload Five Ninjas version then do a complete update to yours so we can verify the package is complete.

Roger

and analogue should work?

and analogue should work?

I tried the today update and get HDMI audio for both settings (HDMI and HDMI and analogue) but no analogue when set to HDMI and analogue.

Tested with HDMI connected and change settings, also with NO HDMI connected, using VNC to see screen, no audio both times.
    Tried each setting after a power off (power connector removed) still no analogue audio and there is no red light in the connector suggesting no optical out either.

*** edit: cannot get LEDSs to work, I am sure it did once .... (LEDs pattern does not show at startup the power down pattern that is in the Five Ninjas build). :s

Happy to retest for you

Roger
    [hr]

Gordon's audio fixes included and analogue should work

Gordon's audio fixes included and analogue should work

Update on last post after some lateral thinking....

Added echo blacklist snd_bcm2835 >> .config/modprobe.d/disable-spdif-for-hd-audio.conf from here Latest build testing [NOTE ADVICE] - Help / Support - FiveNinjas
    then I get another option in system settings ... audio: ALSA: Default (snd_slice Analog), when this is selected and music is playing there is continuous white noise and a tone (maybe about 1khz).

Power off system and the sound stops (as expected :D ). At power on, as soon as the Libre ELEC splash screen goes, there is a crunchy sound (like speakers pop when power on an amplifier (a badly designed one!)) and the white noise and tone are there as before (with no music playing). This time the power on LED sequence worked too, and the power off sequence worked as well.

Retried power off three times, results as above.

Reboot system, results the same, power off LED sequence, rebooting OK, white noise and tone come back and about a second after that, the startup LED sequence starts.

After a while the audio stops (I guess when it sleeps) and using keyboard to wake up Slice the noise and tone are back again.

Hope this helps
    Roger
    [hr]
    Further update , there is a red light in the audio connector indicating the optical output is turned on. I have tested the Five Ninjas build and get audo via optical. There is no (decodable) modulation on your build.
    Roger