Posts by rheinFrohnatur

Thanks for the reply.

I tried to create my own lircd.conf using irrecord like so:

Code
    pi:~ # irrecord /storage/.config/lircd.conf

Whenever I try to record a new key irrecord complains

Code
    irrecord: no data for 10 secs, aborting

so I guess something is wrong with my wirering / the way I tried to make the Pi aware of the IR receiver.

Is there any way to check if the IR receiver was registered successfully?

Thanks!

Hi all,

I connected an external HFS+ formatted volume (called "Multimedia") to my Pi3 running LibreELEC. All the content was scanned into the library successfully, however the volume is not writable, only readable.

Code
    /dev/sda2 on /var/media/Multimedia type hfsplus (ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,umask=22,uid=0,gid=0,nls=utf8)

Any ideas how I can mount it permanently as a writable volume?

Thanks!

Hi all,

I am trying to get an IR receiver in combination with my Apple remote to work with my Pi3, running LibreELEC. The IR receiver is connected via GPIO. I never did something like this, so please excuse my questions.

I disabled CEC (as I read this might cause some trouble), extended the config.txt as follows

Code
    dtoverlay=lirc-rpi
    dtparam=gpio_out_pin=14
    dtparam=gpio_in_pin=16
    dtparam=gpio_in_pull=down

and rebooted. However, the remote doesn't work and I am trying to figure out a good way to debug my setup.

I checked dmesg for any lirc related entries:

Code
    pi:~ # dmesg | grep lirc
    [    5.800012] lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 244
    [    5.897989] lirc_rpi: module is from the staging directory, the quality is unknown, you have been warned.
    [    6.790694] lirc_rpi: auto-detected active high receiver on GPIO pin 16
    [    6.792322] lirc_rpi lirc_rpi: lirc_dev: driver lirc_rpi registered at minor = 0
    [    6.792351] lirc_rpi: driver registered!
    [    7.222330] input: lircd as /devices/virtual/input/input3

To me this looks like the IR receiver has been connected successfully, or am I misunderstanding the output?

From what I understood, irw should printout the input whenever lirc registered a keypress on the remote, regardless if Kodi understands the keypress (e.g. a wrong keymap) or not. But irw just doesn't output anything, so I think the keypresses on my remote are not recognized.

The IR receiver is new works on the same frequency / wavelength as the Apple remote, the remote works fine (just tested it on an Mac Mini).

Any ideas was I did wrong and how I can debug my solution?

Thanks a lot!

Hi all,

I just got my Pi3 and installed LibreELEC via the LibreELEC USB-SD Creator tool, which worked absolutely fine.

The Pi is pingable in my local network (hooked up via cable) and accessable via smb. However, if I try to connect via SSH (using verbose mode) I get the following error:

Code
    rheinFrohnatur:~ rheinFrohnatur$ ssh -v [email protected]
    OpenSSH_6.2p2, OSSLShim 0.9.8r 8 Dec 2011
    debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh_config
    debug1: /etc/ssh_config line 20: Applying options for *
    debug1: /etc/ssh_config line 102: Applying options for *
    debug1: Connecting to 192.168.5.106 [192.168.5.106] port 22.
    debug1: connect to address 192.168.5.106 port 22: Connection refused
    ssh: connect to host 192.168.5.106 port 22: Connection refused

Any ideas what I am doing wrong and how I can fix the situation?

Cheers
    rheinFrohnatur