Posts by j.c.

Directly from the Emby web page:
    Install Dependencies

• mono 4.6.2 or above
    • sqlite3
    • ImageMagick (preferably Q8, without OpenMP, without HDRI)

I will try your Docker suggestion soon.

Thank you for your help.

Hello,

I`ve tried the updated addon you sent me and it throws the error:

line 1: syntax error: unexpected word (expecting ")")

Since Emby 3.1 now requires mono 4.6 It`ll be stuck in 3.0.8500 until the addon can be succesfully updated. I tried to look at some of the code but it`s witchcarft to my eyes. I`m trying to gather some information on how to build but I gotta say I feel lost when I read what it needs to be done.

Hello Aiwouy,

Yes they released it last night and solved the mono issues and I confirm that your addon is working again.

Since you built it already I would like to test your updated addon (I`m mostly interested in testing the updated mono).
    Thank you for your help.

From what i`ve read in the Emby forums some guys with debian and ubuntu servers faced the same problem due to the outdated mono version. Most of them solved with an upgrade of mono-complete and mentioned using the upstream repo from mono.

Regarding the options you metioned:
    1. Ask the Mono devs what running Emby 3.0.8000 with Mono 4.2.1 entails, ie what would not work.
    - They`re already aware of this and are about to change the requirements and ask for mono 4.4.2
    2. Run Emby 3.0.8000 in Docker.
    - If it comes to this then I will do it, but right now I want to try and solve the mono issue.
    3. Update the Mono package.
    - I see this link sends me to github, thing is, I have no idea on how to help there but I will look into it.

I`m running LE Generic 7.0.2 but I`m pretty sure if you build the addon with that version of mono it won`t work.
    BTW: I`m running your addon but updated Emby to 3.0.7300.0 (you just replace de Emby.Mono folder and restart the service, used to work fine until now)

Thanks for your help Awiouy

Hello there, In order to update the Emby server to 3.0.8000.0 I need to also update mono to at least 4.4.2 I've tried a couple things but can't get it working. So i'm asking if this can be updated by the mantainer or at least give us a clue on how to do it manually. TIA.