Posts by balbes150

LibreELEC-S812.MXIII_Plus.arm-7.0.2.6_20161115.img.gz works great via SD card but I will try Krypton and the image from the catalog LAN1000 tomorrow. I saw some comments you made on Freaktab forum about a "glitch" in the file? Can you better explain what if anything needs to be modified?

In the images that are now on the website , the bug is fixed. No change is required.
    [hr]

boot.scr

Judging by the output, the script is not executed. Describe in detail how You tried to activate the multi-boot. Have you tried to replace the files on the test ? Have you tried to change the name of the script with the "aml_autoscript" to "boot.scr" ?

for some reason this box don,t see the image write on sdcard think protected from minix and don,t boot up from sdcard if i go to recovery mode i see sdcard with empty folder and nothing to install if i install from zip package this update running and start libreelec from internal memory only no android anymore i don,t need android so i have install your latest kodi 17 1000 version on the box all running oke only wired i have connection no option for wifi wifi enabled only there are no poppup wifi conection to choose from so wifi not working for me it will be great if you can fix this for me

Show the output of fw_printenv after trying to activate the multi-boot with the test files.

i think i miss something so only this 2 files on sd card and recovery mode aml autoscript bin and autoscript zip and the libreelec file? or only this 2 files

Burn image on SD card. Replace the two files. The rest of the files do not change.
    Insert the card into the TV box. Turn on the TV box while pressing the reset button (the toothpick method). The appearance of the first screen - release the button.
    The result - write to me.
    [hr]

LibreELEC-S812.MXIII_Plus.arm-7.0.2.6_20161115.img.gz booted fine via SD on MXIII plus here. Thanks for making these builds.

If You are difficult, try to run from external media (you can use any USB stick) image of Krypton and the image from the catalog LAN1000.

You can try this option.
    1. To restore the regular firmware Android via USB cable (always using the USB cable to restore all partitions to the original state).
    2. To write an image LE to the SD card.
    3. To replace on the SD card are two files ("aml_autoscript" and "aml_autoscript.zip" on the files from the website from the directory multiboot-minix).
    4. To activate the multi-boot method toothpicks or through the RECOVERY mode.
    5. To check which system will run when inserted the SD card and without it.

On this link You are shown the u-boot. Which stopped the system boot process. See the invitation to enter teams from u-boot (#). In this mode you need to run the command "help" (enter help after the grid

# help

and press enter). In response, u-boot displays all the commands that he is able to perform. I'm interested in the list of commands available (for use the execution of scripts in u-boot).

20140610_X8H_uboot_log.png
    [hr]
    Test script activate the multi-boot ready. Before using I need to ask You a number of nuances. Describe or give a link to the description of the steps You perform to install the updates of Your firmware from Sd card or from USB ? What files are in the update ? I need to specify the file name of the script that performs the You update. Here are the test files (script files and zip) for MINIX. You may have to rename the script from aml_autoscript to boot.src.uimg or boot.src

Yandex.Disk

I see You have a significantly different system settings (variables). For this option you need to use another script to activate the multi-boot. You have the opportunity to connect the console UART ? This will allow to obtain additional data and conduct testing and debugging of the activation script multi-download.

Could you help me how to fix it, what the problem it ?

Try renaming the file s805_autoscript in aml_autoscript ( replace existing aml_autoscript) and try to start via the reset button (using a toothpick). Are you using SD card or USB flash drive to write the image ? Note that to activate the multi-boot you need to use the SD card (it has to be done once), then the system will run from the Sd card and USB flash drive. It is a feature of some variants of recovery in some models of TV consoles.

Describe in detail what steps You performed and what the result is.

Test version Kripton-17 for s812 (only option for 1 Gbit network). There's a glitch - after writing the image to media, you need to replace the FAT section of the script s805_autoscript the one to be on the website ( download and write to the media instead of the file that is in the image).

Yandex.Disk

In the last images included experimental support for the s802. You are no risk, you can try to run the LE from external media (SD card or USB flash drive). Native IOS (Android in the internal memory) remains unchanged. If LE doesn't start, just unplug the external drive and use it as before native IOS. There are two versions of images for network card 100 Mbps network card 1 Gbps. By the way, the IOS and Android contain data for both types of processors S802 and S812, kernel they have in common, differ only dtb data.

Regarding dtb - I tried to extract the "boot.img" by fetching the newest firmware and extract from there. Now it sounds as if you tell us, this wont help as the u-boot does not support custom dtb.img files on the sdcard? Did I understand that correctly?

No, you understood wrong. I wrote that in u-boot s8xx there is no single command that is able to load from the internal memory separately dtb data. On the platform s9xx - dtb data can be used separately, for example to run various systems with external media. For this there is an additional command in u-boot. You can freely use your dtb external SSD for s8xx, if properly prepared - and will use the appropriate commands in the autorun script system (s805_autoscript). The script should be downloaded separately kernel and dtb data, and then call the command by using key, separately indicating the address where you downloaded the kernel and dtb data.

I see... so that's why it was possible to split the dtb.img on S905 devices. In any case, could you compile into the kernel.img the multi-dtb I uploaded (it actually got extracted from the boot.img file)?

Do I understand correctly that You have a dtb file that You want to integrate in the kernel image LE (instead of what is used now) ?
    Or do You want to add Your data to an existing image ?

- wifi has no "data-transfer" (lan, internet) but is able to connect to the router and gets IP / DNS-IP-Assignment / ...

WiFi I have not tested. In the next release I'll check it. How does the wired network ?

- RAM was recognized as "of 1785 mb" or so (not 2gig)

This is the correct value, as it should be. A portion of memory to be allocated for the graphics system and it is not displayed in the output.
    [hr]

I checked the device RAM, it's only listing a total of 1613952kB instead of 2gB. Is this because of a mismatched DTB file?

In any case, I managed to extract the AMLOGIC multi-dtb file from the image and uploaded it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6u8eia0t0leqpz...b.img?dl=0
    Also, it may be a stupid question, but can the DTB file be replaced post-install? I managed to do it for the RPi but that's a special case, I don't know how to do it for my device or if it's even possible.

After recording of the image on the media, FAT partition, there is a copy of the dtb file. Dtb data from this file are part of the kernel (kernel.img). This dtb file can be used to separate the kernel, the dtb data initramfs. For separate download of elements need to use another script file s805_autoscript. I checked the option in which dtb data are not part of the "kernel.img". In this embodiment, it is easy to replace the dtb data for any need without having to collect a new image. But it has a drawback. U-boot (which is used in all standard firmware platform S8xx) no support for separate load and store the dtb data in the internal memory. This feature (separate storage of the kernel and dtb data in the internal memory) appeared on the platform S9xx. If make the corresponding changes in u-boot, then can use a separate options storage of the kernel and the dtb data to internal memory.

Hi. I tried it on my m8s plus.
    Working perfect except ethernet. DHCP doesn't resolve my router's IP assigning 169.254.*.* instead.
    I tried to set my ip manually - no success.
    I think ethernet just not working properly.

Всю голову поломал, что не так. Как-то можно проверить работоспособность сетевухи?

Try this option.

wvzJJBU8zgGG3