Posts by balbes150

You need to copy the dtb from a directory in the root of FAT partition file "meson8m2_n200_2G.dtb" and rename it to "dtb.img". If You have not yet activated multiboot, it will need to be activated.

A question to the owners S812 and S802 in which the activated multiboot. Can anyone help me in initial testing Linux\Ubuntu platform s802\s812 ? The task is simple - download the image, burn to USB stick or card you need to copy the dtb and try to start the system. I am interested in overall health (presence of images on the monitor have different models).
    Test images can be downloaded here.
    Yandex.Disk

Tried the S812.LAN1000 builds and they work great! While LAN works 100%, Bluetooth is not recognized and the device tends to hang when using WiFi.

Have you tried the version from this directory ?
    dF7ASRFGygDMj

Where can I found new boot script for S812 android box?

You need to download and burn to SD card these two file. Next, use the toothpick or use the app "Update&Backup".
    Yandex.Disk

I have also found I can reach the Android recovery screen if I eject the sd card and use toothpick.
    I have tried copying the files onto a usb drive, choosing "apply update from EXT", "update from udisk" , selecting "aml_autoscript.zip", but when it verifies the update package it fails with "E: footer is wrong" and "E: signature verification failed".

Activation multi-boot is possible only with SD card. After activating multi-boot, the system will be able to run images from SD cards and USB flash drives. Please note, the initial activation of the multi-boot is possible ONLY with SD card.

Hello Balbes 150,
    This AlexELEC version is working on my m8s+ box....I run from SD CARD but it is older version.I need new version libreelec from you with kodi 17...Can you try build libreelec for my box ?Thanks!
    I try every your images but always it show pictures libreelec and show messages error: something like cant find FLASH/SISTEM ,job done...I think you need correct dbt and kernel to start libreelec on my S812 m8s+ box....Maybe you can extract from this AlexELEC version...

This error is usually not associated with dtb.
    Perhaps bad media. You upgraded-boot to the latest version ?
    [hr]

Activate the new multiboot. Older versions multiboot cannot work with new images (which use the script s905_autoscript).

Hello Balbes 150,

I have m8s+ android box S812 and i activate dual boot for booting openelec from sd card.I found working version for my box on internet.It is AlexELEC version on this internet page: 1.0.1-20160404 – Google Drive.
    Can you make working latest librelec with kodi 17 for my m8s+ box from this AlexELEC version becouse it is older with kodi 15.2 inside???...Thanks!

This is my box: M8S+ TV Box XBMC 1000M Ethernet-73.05 Online Shopping| GearBest.com

Have you tried to run the existing images from the media in multi-boot mode ?

...or use the standard Android app "Update&Backup". I don't understand. What's .zip file I must flash with Android app "Update&Backup"?
    Thanks for your patiente
    [hr]
    I burn image to SD card and use toothpick method, LibreELEC-S812.LAN1000.arm-7.0.2.6_20161130.img.xz and copied s805_autoscript, the SDcard boot correctly, I see logo Libreelec, but stop with error: SH: can't access tty: job control turned off. What means?

If after recording the image on the media there is a file s805_autoscript, neither of which advanced copy is NOT necessary. The script that You copied additionally is suitable for images where it is not.

Hi balbes150, Thanks again for making these builds available. Any plans for a new build before the end of the year? With holidays upcoming it certainly understandable if you have more important things to do.

Hi. 7up The plans are there. But now is not enough time.
    [hr]

How activate the "new" version of multi-boot...

Burn image to SD card and use toothpick method or use the standard Android app "Update&Backup".

There are two options for multi-boot s812. The "old" version can only run LE. The "new" (universal) version of the tool multi that able to run any images of the LE and Linux. I think You have activated the "old" version. To work my images need re-activate the "new" version of multi-boot.

I've Tronsmart MXIII Plus 108L1.
    I've create SDcard with LibreELEC-S812.MXIII_Plus.arm-7.0.2.6_20161115.img.xz. Boot to SD card is ok.
    I've view the LibreELEC logo but left up compare this text error: Error in prepare-sysroot: mount_common: could not mout /dev/system
    Starting debuging...
    And now?

Thanks in advance

You have completed the activation of the recorded multi-boot with the new image ?

What prevents You to try ? This version can work with external media (firmware TV box remains unchanged).
    [hr]

i have try all
    i do someting wrong i burn image LibreELEC-S812.LAN1000 to sdcard after that i replace the aml autoscript and aml autoscript zip with your 2 minix files i do revovery and relace i get recovery menu and can choose only the aml autoscrip zip if i choose aml auto script i get message - E: footer is wrong
    - E: signature verification failed

if i use your LibreELEC-S812.LAN1000 zip package and install on sdcard package open and install on internal memory from the box if i restart with or without sdcard libreelec running only from internal with no wifi signal only lan

so i don,t understand can you upload me one update zip package for sdcard with all in so i must only go to recovery and install

1. Download boot.scr (from the directory the link I gave earlier).
    2. To write an image LE.
    3. Create the first section of the media directory "boot"
    4. Copy the newly created directory "boot script boot.src" (/boot/boot.src)
    5. Use the toothpick to activate the multi-boot.

Request to all users of version Minix Neo X8H who have the console UART. Check this instructions on how to activate the multi-boot on Minix Neo X8H.

Hi balbes150,

Update from Post # 36:

• Manual update from 7.0.2.5 to LibreELEC-S812.MXIII_Plus.arm-7.0.2.6.tar - works. Everything is fine except Bluetooth broken (used to work in 7.0.2.5). Tried all setting to turn on and off but could not work. Still H265 video is choppy. Lots of buffering. Still no power off.
    • In new USB, I tried your Krypton 17 build: Yandex.Disk - Everything works including Bluetooth. Off-course no power off & H265 video still choppy / buffering. Overall happy with build.

keep it up your good work!

Thanks again,

MakaaiD

If You are difficult, try to run from external media version of the catalog LAN10000
    [hr]

i have try all
    i do someting wrong i burn image LibreELEC-S812.LAN1000 to sdcard after that i replace the aml autoscript and aml autoscript zip with your 2 minix files i do revovery and relace i get recovery menu and can choose only the aml autoscrip zip if i choose aml auto script i get message - E: footer is wrong
    - E: signature verification failed

if i use your LibreELEC-S812.LAN1000 zip package and install on sdcard package open and install on internal memory from the box if i restart with or without sdcard libreelec running only from internal with no wifi signal only lan

so i don,t understand can you upload me one update zip package for sdcard with all in so i must only go to recovery and install

After examining the firmware files for Your device, I will try to assemble a new version of the scripts.