Posts by cosmos

https://wiki.libreelec.tv/configuration/edid has instructions on configuring an edid.bin file so Kodi sees the TV as always connected. The wiki needs updating to reflect that the Intel instructions apply to all devices using the kernel DRM architecture; including Amlogic (and Allwinner, Rockchip) boards.

Thank you for your edid file, and for your extremely descriptive answer!! Truth is I found a copy in an old backup of mine which I believe is the hacked edid file (was named edid.dat but I think it's the same as a .bin)!

I've followed the instructions but ran into a kernel panic at boot. Looking closer at the (intel) instructions, perhaps there's some minor mistake or the odroid build is a bit different: for example, extlinux.conf actually resides in a subdirectory as /flash/extlinux/extlinux.conf. Not sure if this is an issue. However, and if I understand my Linuxes right, command mv ../edid.cpio /flash/ would leave edid.cpio residing in /flash. The subsequent APPEND to extlinux.conf states that the following should be appended:

Code
    initrd=/edid.cpio drm.edid_firmware=edid/edid.bin video=HDMI-A-1:D

Not an expert here, but:

1) should perhaps edid.cpio be at the root directory instead of /flash ?

2) option drm.edid_firmware is looking for an edid directory, is that correct?

3) finally (ok this might be an absolutely stupid question here), there's a smiley :D at the end of the above mentioned line, is that correct?

I'll get the SD card to mount the vfat partition and play a bit with extlinux.conf to fix things.

As for the remote option: I've been bashing my head REAL hard to find where the heck I have had some sort of configuration of the remote. I have a backup as well as the entire previous SD-based coreelec installation, but there is no file under /storage/.config/rc_keymaps

EDIT: <off topic> For some reason I'm not getting new post notifications, even though I've enabled them. Just a FYI :) </off topic>

Thanks for taking the time to look into this mate, really appreciate it.

pastekodi -> http://ix.io/4sRT

modetest | paste -> http://ix.io/4sRW

This Samsung tv is ooooold. But has been happily playing 24p material from my (back at the time) PS3 as well as from other sources. Worked perfectly with my old RPi when switched to 24 (using some sort of EDID hack I don't recall, but would happily look into).

On the topic of this jump from coreelec, and OT to this thread, I can't recall how I made a old Creative IR remote work with the C2. I do have a custom remote.xml file over the years, but it does not respond to it so I've installed a keyboard/mouse in the meantime.

Just love the way your work and the LibreELEC team's in general keeps alive these monoliths of hardware :)

Really glad I'm now using the latest LE image with all the bells and whistles of up-to-date code here :)

I do have one question though: back in the day, Kodi could (IIRC) auto-switch the display actual refresh rate to "match" the material one. So on a 60Hz tv, when playing 24Hz material, Kodi would switch to 24Hz as well.

Now my old Samsung can definitely play 24Hz material. When doing an OSD display of a23.976 movie and enabling the OSD information display, the system tab shows that the system rendering speed is playing around the refresh rate I've set to the Kodi playback options (60Hz in this case).

I think I used some kind of utility or a hack to hard-insert a 1080@24 refresh rate to my libreelec/coreelec install and that worked. If someone can provide a link / howto, I'd be more than grateful. :)

EDIT: Search does wonders: Odroid C2, auto rate switching and 24p-defying TV

Nope, that doesn't do it. There is no /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap to be found...

Please read the LE11 release notes, they explain the current state of things fairly clearly. Updates are not supported; clean install only.

Thanks, I read the release notes and read this thread as well. I'm not use I understand correctly something though: is the AMLGX build for C2 providing hardware or software decoding for HEVC and for H.264?

Hello everybody,

I have an odroid C2 which had initially LE installed. At the time I think that coreelec was pushed as a candidate platform for its processor so I migrated to that one. It's been running

CoreELEC (official): 9.2.8 (Amlogic.arm).

Now a couple of months ago, taking a peek at the coreelec information I got the impression that its processor line would not be supported for future kodi upgrades.

Today I was browsing the available LE builds since I have the hardware to upgrade my Intel-based build and taking a peek at the respective Amlogic downloads there seems to be one for Kodi 11!

I'm delighted to see that happen, but I do not understand some things and please accept my apologies in advance for the idiotic questions to follow:

a) is this an experimental build?

b) would I be losing something (performance/features) compared to my current build? IOW, is (for example) some decoding now made in software, whereas in coreelec 9.2.8 was made in hardware?

c) Last but not least, how did you manage to do your magic, whereas it was not possible in the CE builds? :)

I'd ask for a migrate procedure CE -> LE but it's already covered in Odroid C2 update from CoreELEC to LibreELEC is it possible ?

Thanks in advance for any information provided!

Asking here because I think there was some Leia pre-release information indicating that VDPAU/VAAPI acceleration would not work on Leia (or that there would be some drop of software support for VDPAU, don't remember here sorry...). I believe it was this bulletin: Development Update – LibreELEC

Most likely I've misinterpreted the information presented there, that is why I'm asking here for advice to upgrade or not. Thanks in advance for any info provided.

Hello all,

got two libreelec installations, one with Krypton and one with Leia (the latter one on an Odroid C2). I've got also a server on the net on which I'm uploading my videos etc. Access to this server is made using its ip address (ie no name is used, although I could use one). On Leia I'm not able to connect to this HTTPS server, even though I'm using the exact same credentials with LE krypton.

Reading further it seems that Leia checks the certificate first. How can I access this site on leia? I've found a couple of posts, one indicating adding |verifypeer=false on the server URL, the other downloading the site's crt file, converting it to pem format and then uploading it to my leia box as ~/.config/cacert.pem. The latter does not seem to work, whereas for the former a couple of posts indicate that it will also not work...

Should cacert be appended to a file elsewhere (for example /usr/share/kodi/system/certs/ ). Or would |verifypeer=false just work?

Before upgrade, when I turn off my tv, the box shuts down, but CEC circuit seems to keep working - after powering back up tv, I see "Odroid C2" device under SmartLink menu and when I choose it, the boards boots up.

Having Odroid C2 (on LE9) I'd be grateful if you could delve some info on how to setup CEC to do the same thing. I'm leaving C2 always on, your approach seems like a much better solution!

Furthermore, I do see that the blue LED has started blinking again, after upgrading today from 8 to 9. Is this a known issue?

EDIT: I see that it is configurable, which is great. I've set it to blink on sd card access, don't know if it could do that thing before.

This is an old setup that now runs at my dad's home. Used to have Openelec, then libreelec (now 8.2).

The issue is that now when TV powers up it switches directly to the HDMI channel where the RPi/Libreelec is installed. This confuses my 80-year old dad a bit, can I switch this behaviour off?

I believe that there was a config.txt option to do that, but utilising it made some functionality (CEC remote support I believe) go away, so I had to revert the change. Not sure though.

Any help will be appreciated.