Posts by idioteque

With the latest LE 0005 Alpham the screen stays black while LE boots up. LE works fine only nothing is shown on the tv.
    Via https I can access the box and preform a reboot this. The attached log is @21:22 the time when the 005 Alpha boots.

It happens not allways but on average 25-33% of the time when booting

For every issue you are facing we need the following:

• Full hardware specs (GPU is most important)

Intel NUC DC3217IYE
    Panasonic TV TXP42G20 ES
    Marantz 1704

• The LibreELEC version you are running ('latest' is not a version number)

0005 Alpha

• In most cases a full debuglog

19:21:49 T:140210770253888 NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: special://m - Pastebin.com

from 21:22 the reboot is the upgrade to v7.90.005

• Tell us the complete steps how to face the issue, so we can try to reproduce

Boot the NUC, LE boots but no video is seen, Sometimes a reboot fixes the issue via Http control

Additionally to the above, if you are facing video playback issues:

• A full debuglog while trying to play the video
    • Informations about the Kodi video and audio settings (maybe a screenshots from both)
    • If possible a mediainfo from that file/container

Additionally for hardware related problems:

• Name the specific hardware and maybe a link to the manufactor

Intel NUC DC3217IYE

• Get us the output of 'dmesg' while the hardware is connected
    • Get us the output of 'lspci' if it's about PCI hardware

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor DRAM Controller (rev 09)00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller (rev 09)00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family MEI Controller (rev 04)00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82579V Gigabit Network Connection (rev 04)00:1a.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller (rev 04)00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 04)00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 (rev c4)00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 3 (rev c4)00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller (rev 04)00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation QS77 Express Chipset LPC Controller (rev 04)00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series Chipset Family 6-port SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 04)00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller (rev 04)02:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) (rev 01)

• Get us the output of 'lsusb' if it's about some USB hardware

Bus 002 Device 004: ID 0cf3:3005 Atheros Communications, Inc. AR3011 BluetoothBus 002 Device 006: ID 1d50:6022 OpenMoko, Inc. Bus 002 Device 007: ID 2548:1002 Bus 002 Device 005: ID 0471:0815 Philips (or NXP) eHome Infrared ReceiverBus 002 Device 003: ID 04b4:6560 Cypress Semiconductor Corp. CY7C65640 USB-2.0 "TetraHub"Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching HubBus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hubBus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching HubBus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

On some MKV files the following happens.

Either on of the 2 things, situation 2 and 3:

1: PLay movie OK, exit Movie OK
    2: Play movie, black screen, exit not possible
    3: Play movie OK, exit black, screen exit not possible.

With the iOS remote apps starting a movie that always plays, exits the weird behavour when in black screen mode

I have an full debug log of situation 2:

idioteque - Pastebin.com

Update 2016-06-30.

It's not the mkv itself. Sometimes, playing the file upto 3-5x times it plays ok.

it may be related to the swicht refreshrate. in combination with the pause to switch which also is not working. It

Any more info can be provided. Perhaps its the type or codec type of the mkv, not sure. The same mkv works some times, some times it does not. it seems not to happen when fps= refreshrate and no switch is required.

it would appear that if the switch takes too long and no canvas is available to render to the screen stays black even if the switch eventually finished. This could also explain why it previously worked, because the pause of 2,5 second still worked.

@Idiothek

You don't use LibreELEC on these logs..

Please remove all banned addons and repositories before reporting an issue. Those might cause issues which is a reason why they are banned. See:

Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons - Official Kodi Wiki

Not yet Solved in 7.0.0, investigating further debug logs will follow.
    [hr]

attached is the zip of the log. The bug happens in 2 ways:

in this log I can show 1 way: play a movie and the movie is not rendered but screen stays black

the second way is the other wayround, movie is renderd but with exiting the screen stays black. Not happend yet after enabling debug log

Could you please enable debug logging in system settings, try to reproduce your issue and provide the logfile? I might have an idea, but I want to see the logfile first, please.

Do you have "change refresh rate to match video" enabled? And if yes, to what is it set?

Sorry...no clue about key mappings

added two log zips. Im using LE as production machine so I can only test on the weekends. Ill post the debug logs next week. Ill wait for the 16.1 update and will try again

Hi,

been using openelec and boblight since 4.2.1 and have had very little issues.

However since moving to OE 6..0.0 and LE 7.0.0 Beta and using boblight 6.0.0 i get a lot of skipped frames.

turning boblight off, stoppes the skipped frames.

setup
    nuc i3 ivy bridge
    lightpack 1
    panasonic 24hz tv

enabling boblight but not showing any color maked it skip frames. So even if boblightd is not turning on the lights, the frames are dropped. disabling xbmc boblight solves the skipped frames.

any file format and refreshrate causes skipped frames.

I have even done a complete rebuild, starting from OE 4.2.1 -> OE 5.0.8 -> OE 6.0.0 -> LE 7.0.0

any thougths ?

[Beta] OpenELEC 7.0 beta 1 and LibreELEC 7.0.0 Beta 1 released solves some of the issues.

Dropping is less extreme, max 1 dropped frame per 5-10 seconds, and only 1 drop max. So not as noticeable as before. Before where 10-15 dropped frames back to back.

So the beta resolves some issues, but does not fix it. watching 45 min of film still gives 360+ dropped frames.

I did not notice it while watching the 45min, and I'm very sensitive to drops.

So, its a good start.

I also posted a tread on the OE forum:

OpenELEC Mediacenter - OpenELEC Forum - OpenELEC 6.0.0 and BobLightd 6.0.0, skipped frames (3/3)

Hi,

Just upgrade to LC from OE 5.08, running beta 1:

1 have 2 issues:

1: When exiting played movie (stop play) LibreElec does not return to previous screen. It sits in limbo and screen stays black. It appears that the LC is in the library mode, its just not showing the page. Playing the file again and stopping does get me to previous screen. It looks random.

2: the keyboard mapping has changed, the default home screen mapping does not work any more.

Does anyone else experiences these issues ?