Posts by Gilderoy Zockhart

I did not include more information because I hoped that I simply missed something that should be clear. My technical knowledge in this subject is quiet rudimentary.

I use the Generic X86-64 Windows LE on a very old desktop with integrated gpu. I will check via SSH next week whether there is CEC-compatibility or not and if so, I will try a newer cable with CEC-support. I have no pulse-eight-adapter and think I won't buy one, because it is more expensive than my whole setup.

If I find something working, I will post it here. Until then I thak you for your support and insights!

When LE is running, witch to TV mode, and then back to AV input.

I did that, but nothing changed.

To fulfill the official HDMI-CEC specification you need cables which follows HDMI 1.2a (and upwards). Maybe your cables does already, because CEC was available for some device since 1.1, but not official. If you already tried, it could be that you have a cable, where the CEC pin is not connected and therefore doesn't work.

Possible. So you say the only way to try is by buying a newer cable? Then I hope the 12€ are not for nothing :(

Hi there,

I own a very old TV: the Samsung LE32C650 out of 2010. This device supports CEC (Samsung calls it Anynet+), but my HDMI cable has the standard 1.2 I think, so CEC can't work.

My question is: How are my chances, that CEC will work and I can use my TV-remote to control KODI with a newer cable?

Thank you for responding,

Gilderoy