Posts by kilroy82

I did a test and installed win10 + kodi 21.1.0 + k-lite codec pack (not sure if that codec pack was needed tho) without changing anything at all with the setup and I was able to get eac3 passthrough to work without a hitch. This means there is nothing wrong with the hardware I guess.

I would very much prefer to use libreelec though since win10 feels so heavy compared to LE and due to some other small annoying things.
    I was thinking about trying Kodi forum support but since it actually works with Kodi on another OS I doubt they could help me.

Again, any help or tips would be much appreciated.

I have LE 12.0.1 (generic legacy) installed on my old Intel NUC D54250WYKH. It is connected to my AV receiver (Sony STR-DN1050).
    I can't get EAC3/dolby digital plus to work through passthrough. In the Kodi audio settings I can only choose DTS and AC3 compatible receiver. If I choose a HDMI out not in use I see there are more options for EAC3, TrueHD etc.

All DD+ videos are sent to the receiver as PCM 2.0 channel audio.
    If I choose 2.0 channels in Kodi and let Kodi transcode to AC3 I get 5.1 but what am I doing wrong or missing to be able to get real EAC3 passthrough?
    Any help is appreciated.

Setup: NUC <HDMI> STR DN1050 <HDMI> Samsung TV

Best regards