Posts by sh33p0mat

Good morning

Thank you for your efforts!

The splash screen that is displayed during launch of the PM4K add-on now stays a bit longer.

It gives the appearance of it only moving forward once the OpenVPN connection is established (as is evident by the top-right corner notification from Kodi/zomboided manager.

However, this still then goes into the landing page of PM4K not showing any media found.

I have tested this with a wifi connection of the Pi to my phone as a hotspot (hence outside local network) and also with my local wifi. The latter connects faster, but still gives the same result.

I imagine, a wait command after VPN has been established successfully might do the trick?

Oh boy

Well, there already was a service for OpenVPN in system.d.

I compared to connman and the only difference I reckon is relevant in this context was the [Installation] part.

There, I put

Code
    WantedBy = multiuser.target

replacing the line that was in there

Code
    WantedBy = kodi.target

This however doesnt guarantee success. When connected via LAN, it seems to be connecting quickly enough. As soon as I let the Pi connect via hotspot outside of the local network, the add-on still starts bevore VPN has been established.

Sorry, probably I am doing this wrong not knowing anything about code.

Hi

Just signed up; not sure if this section is the right place for my question. If not, pls indulge me ;)

Found this:

HiassofT
    November 26, 2019 at 11:42 PM

I am trying to do the something similar, but with this Add-On:

PM4K for Plex | Omega | Addons
    PlexMod for Kodi
    kodi.tv

So, the add-on has a setting for it to start automatically once Kodi starts, BUT even though the network is available by then, the VPN is not. Starting the add-on without VPN tunnel active means that it cannot access the PLEX library. It does not periodically scan for the librabry, so if said librabry cannot be accessed upon start of the add-on, I am screwed. What I am after is a few lines of code that will make the add-on wait for the VPN tunnel to be up and then, and only then, to start.

Anyone?