Posts by Z0l

Hey,

due to the CoVID-19 situation people are stuck at home and try to stay in touch using video calls. Due to the large number of online video meeting sites, it's pretty easy to stay in touch; however using your phone/tablet/laptop isn't really ideal for family to family conferences; it's much better to use your TV with a webcam, because there's usually a couch in front of it where the entire family can sit down and talk to the others comfortably.

So I'll just cut to the chase here; my hacked Chromebox that I use as my HTPC is more than capable of doing video conferences over hangouts or google duo, but I had to install an Ubuntu besides my Libreelec because the camera didn't work on my webcam under Libreelec, only the microphone. Comparing the loaded modules on the 2 systems, it was easy to see that the GSPCA module was missing (I'm using a leftover PS3 cam), so I compiled my own version of Libreelec with the GSPCA driver compiled as a module and voila I can now do video calls from the Libreelec Chrome browser! This is all great, but took me a day to set up the compile environment and get the thing compiled on my NAS and I'd like to avoid doing that for every coming Libreelec release so I decided to ask for it: is it possible to create e.g. an addon with all the usb webcam kernel modules? It will take a few more minutes for you to compile, but would save me & other folks stuck at home from a lot of time recompiling and this is all it takes to allow video conferencing (everything else is given, microphone support & Chrome browser are available).

If you don't want to do it but you point me in the right direction how to only compile the kernel & additional modules into a package without having the compile the entire thing, I can perhaps do it myself, but so far I wasn't able to figure out how to do that (I don't fully understand how the KERNEL file is put together and where the modules are and if it's possible to replace that separately from SYSTEM).

After installing LE beta, scan to library stopped working :/ I did a factory reset & rebuilt my library, but scan to library still does nothing. For TV shows, when I create a tvshow.nfo, it fetches the metadata and I can play content, but whenever the scraper is unable to identify something (either movie or TV show), I can't do anything. I've pasted below a snippet from the debug log showing what happens when I select that menu entry; system is a Raspberry Pi 2 with a Hifiberry module (loaded via overlay), stuff is on NFS. On LE 8.0, it worked flawlessly. With regards to add-ons, I only installed things from the Kodi official repo (youtube, somafm & 2 subtitle downloader). Let me know if I can provide anything else.

Hello here as well :) I thought we could look at the playback issue together:

I have a Cubox i4pro that worked wonders with OpenElec. Up until Kodi 16.1 (OE 6.95.3), playback was always flawless and I never had any issues with the thing (apart from some HDMI colour depth stuff that was fixed with kernel 3.14). These new Krypton alpha builds however look nice, have more features, but have issues with video playback. Under exactly the same circumstances (everything stays the same, same device, same movie, same network - I simply switch SD cards), Kodi 16.1 plays everything smooth while Kodi 17 sometimes struggles with even SD content.

Here is a debug log from 17: Kodi 17 Cubox-i4pro IMX6 playback - Pastebin.com
    And here is the same from 16.1: Kodi 16 Cubox-i4 IMX6 working - Pastebin.com
    (just saw your .007-sr3.14 image, will test that and provide logs here)

Any idea what goes wrong here? I'm happy to provide more logs if that helps.