Posts by Luck_Affe

i've managed to use connman shortly after i made this post to get it working, but it has been somewhat unstable, sometimes disconnecting, sometimes asking for the password. yesterday it stopped working for good

connmanctl output without invervention

connmanctl> services
    *AR Wired ethernet_dca632225c66_cable
    *A blah blah

neither ssh, the webserver, or any outgoing connection is working via wifi, even if i manually enable it and it tells me AR on the wifi one.

honestly i'm at my wits end, everything worked fine in the previous libreelec versions

LE does not use/store profiles for iwd, only for ConnMan in /storage/.cache/connman/ .. but the correct way to store those is to use the connmanctl agent. The only time I've seen issues with passwords not being retained over boot is with WiFi devices that have no persistent MAC; so the kernel auto-generates and assigns a new one on each boot and since ConnMan stores profiles against the MAC, on reboot the MAC changes and there's no store profile and you're forced to configure it afresh. I do also see isses from users trying to use overly-long passwords too, but that's usually a more simple rejection.

Are you using the onboard WiFi of the RPi4 or some cheap USB dongle?. Check the MAC before/after rebooting.

just the onboard wifi, does that one auto generate its mac adress?

Hi everyone,

I'm running the latest LibreELEC 12.0 on a Raspberry Pi 4 and, as the title suggests, I'm having issues connecting to my WiFi with WPA3 configured. I've enabled debug logging on the iwd service, and the only message I received was "Can't use SAE, trying WPA2." Since SAE_OFFLOAD is not a supported feature, I assume I won't be able to get WPA3 working either.

So, I tried logging Kodi into my IoT WiFi network, which still runs on WPA2. However, the password is quite long, and I tried persisting it via SSH.

First, I attempted to save the password using a profile file in /var/lib/iwd, but it did not persist. Then, I tried using the connmanctl agent on command, but I still get prompted for the WiFi password after every reboot. I'm out of ideas on how to make the password persist.

Could anyone please advise me on how to save my WiFi password permanently?

Best regards,

Affe