Posts by andreaf

Thanks for your help!
    Never used Rufus before...it seems it has correctly burned the SD even if I did not unpack the .gz
    After Rufus had finished I saw several file on the SD.

I used the same SD that was already installed on the MX Plus. It supports SD cards 32GB max.

First of all, many thanks for your help :)

I followed these steps:

1) formatted as FAT32 a 32GB Kingston class 10 microSD card. Done under Windows
    2) downloaded LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.007.img.gz and then drag-and-dropped it in Rufus, without unpacking it before
    3) started Rufus with the default settings
    4) downloaded gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.dtb and copied it to the root of the SD card
    5) deleted from the SD card the previous dtb.img file
    6) renamed gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.dtb to dtb.img
    7) I inserted the microSD card, using the proper adapter, into the SD slot of my MX Plus (off without AC plug)
    8) used a toothpick to press the reset button and connected the power at the same time

I tried the same procedure several times and I also tried the 3 USB ports (using a USB-SD adaper). The box always boots Android in safe mode. Perhaps the MX Plus cannot boot from SD without some sort of modifications ?

I've created a bootable SD card for my MX Plus box with the following

gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.dtb

and

LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.007.img.gz

Now the problem is that
    1) when I try to boot using the toothpick method the box boots Android in safe mode
    2) using the recovery method the box restores the factory Android installation

Don't know how to get LE running. Any ideas?

Ok, thanks. I'll try LE even if it seems it won' t resolve the main problem with my current Android/Kodi setup that does not allow bit perfect audio output for 2 channels music. On android audio signsls are always converted to 16bit @ 48KHz.

The same issue is also reported on LE. Read here