Posts by vidiot

I have an old Dell "n Series" Pentium Core Duo and I would like it to be able to play back DVDs too but I will settle for just MP3 playback. I just installed the latest version of Kodi 12.0.0 to a thumb drive. The install took a while but seemed to go without any error.

But when Kodi booted up, I got this bizarre rainbow effect that leaves the screen 95% unreadable. When I move the mouse around, the colors change in waves. By scrolling over menu items, they almost become readable. But its still like trying to read white text with a super bright pink outline on a bright yellow background. All the colors are 100% maximum but nothing is clear and readable.

I am using the Dell's native VGA connector to connect to a toshiba TV that happens to have a VGA input so there is no adapting going on. And for background, this setup already works ok with windows 10; its old and too slow but the display is just fine. In Kodi, I tried changing the display resolution and refresh rate but that didn't seem to change anything.