Posts by mf_fantail

Thanks Harry. I don't seem to have a menu item System -> Input on my Sony TV. I did find a menu item to pass through the Tuning Keys via CEC and have now mapped Next Letter and Previous Letter to those Channel Down/Up to speed up scrolling, which helps a lot. I have also mapped the context menu to the Red key on the remote. That's good enough for me :)

There is a solution to the long-press issue in a previous post:

kapqa
    April 16, 2024 at 8:26 PM

Hi. I have installed LibreELEC 12/Kodi 21 on my Raspberry Pi 5 and connected it to my Sony TV. I tried to go through the 'new device found' setup after I connected the Pi to the TV, but because it is not a standard TV box it wouldn't go through the setup. Despite that, pretty much everything works fine and I can control Kodi using the TV remote via HDMI, apart from:
    1. Scrolling up/down in Kodi is really slow. It would seem the default button repeat rate on the remote is not very useful for scrolling through a large library. Can that be fixed?
    2. Long-press (press-and-hold) on the Select/OK button does not bring up the context menu as it should, instead it repeats the SELECT button press. Is it possible to fix that somehow, even by assigning the context menu command to another button?
    The TV remote model is RMF-TX500P and the Sony TV runs Android TV.