Posts by mnlg

Alright, so I burned the img file onto a brand new SD card using LibreELEC USB-SD Creator run in administrator mode (I run Windows). Swapped the old SD card with the new one, but the hub booted on WEOS which is not what I wanted.

Put back the old SD card, and it booted to Kodi 18.2.

I tried burning the SD again, but no progress.

I read on the wiki that I was supposed to change a file called uEnv.ini in the root folder, but (at least from Windows) I can't see the file.

Tried booting the Hub in recovery mode. I am presented the following choices:

• reboot system now
    • apply update from ext
    • apply update from cache
    • wipe data/factory reset
    • wipe cache partition
    • view recovery logs

None of them seem helpful to boot from a SD.

I seem to remember that booting from the SD with a Wetek hub involved doing some shenanigans with the remote control. I actually tried to press/keep depressed the Power button during boot but nothing happened. And again, if I put the old SD card, it works perfectly. Perhaps I have to make the SD card bootable?

Not sure how to proceed from here and I would truly appreciate a nudge in the right direction! ;)

Thank you for your reply!

It's been a few years since I installed LibreELEC and I can't remember all the steps I took but I am fairly convinced I just programmed the Wetek hub to boot from the SD, leaving its core memory intact (as a matter of fact I am not sure I ever used its OS at all).

The page you linked me is very close to the very first page I entered when I first searched for this topic, which in turn brought me here, where I didn't see any new build for the Wetek hub, and that eventually brought me to post in this thread.

Do I understand correctly that you are recommending the generic box image (Generic Box Image LibreELEC-AMLGX.aarch64-12.0.0-box.img.gz)?

Do I also understand correctly that in order to install it, I just have to prepare a brand new SD with it and replace my current SD with that one and everything else should work (barring configuration etc)? Again, my current setup is working fine, just outdated.

Thank you again very much for your help and have a nice day.

Apologies for reopening this thread.

I own a Wetek hub which now has LibreELEC 9.0.2 and Kodi 18.2.

Every time I boot it, it pops up several failures to update its components, and I would like to update it if possible. I only watch material present in a local NAS, I don't really need plugins with the possible exception of some way to download subtitles, but even that would be a nice plus.

I noticed there doesn't seem to be any update package, nor any image available for download. However I discovered these nightly builds and I was wondering if the latest wetek-hub build was safe enough. I could install it on a brand new SD card and keep the old card as a failsafe.

Thank you for your help.