Posts by couleesc

Hi

I've tried all the permutations of sound settings on my TV with no luck.

getedid-create failed when only my soundbar was plugged in, error saying it couldn't get connections.

As the RPi5 has 2 hdmi outputs, I plugged one into my tv and the other directly into my soundbar, then ran getedid create and got the following two edid outputs:

and

After a reboot, the problem was the same, only Front Left and Front Right speakers showing, but speaker-test -c 6 sounding correct but showing:

Any other ideas? Or is there any other way to force it to recognise the surround /lfe channels - asound.conf etc?

Many thanks

I'm using the latest LibreELEC Omega 12 build on a raspberry pi 5, with the jellyfin plugin.

Whenever I play a video with passthrough audio that my tv/soundbar (sonos arc with surrounds) supports, it works fine on all channels.

If I play a video file that doesn't use passthrough (e.g. aac), all the audio only comes from my front speakers.

If I run speaker-test -c 6, all audio also comes out of the correct speakers, but some channels are marked as unknown:

Any ideas how I can make non passthrough audio come through all the correct channels?

Many thanks