Posts by JParker

You don't add "files" to Kodi. You add a "source" which defines the base path and type of file (TV or Movies) to be scanned for,

I slightly misspoke (miswrote?"); I said "files" because I navigated there through the "Add Files" screen, where I then attempted to add the source. Unfortunately, the sources given did not directly show USB mounted file systems, as it has on other platforms. I therefore had to start at the root directory and figure out where they were mounted by LibreElec since that information wasn't readily available -- as I noted, it's under /var/media.

Any suggestions? I am desperate to get this working as a Mother's Day gift.

A quick follow-up: I discovered a workaround; if I access the file systems from root (under /var/media) I could add them. This isn't really a good general solution, though, since it wasn't obvious where the file systems were mounted.

I installed LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-12.0.0(1).img.gz on an older Core I5 machine with Intel graphics. the OS and Kodi seemed to start fine; however, when I went to add files, I found no options to actually add them. I could see the file systems, browse them, and even play media files in them, but no option to add them.

It may be that, for some reason, Kodi is generating the button off the right side of the screen. Note I did check, and Kodi has the correct resolution for the monitor (a pretty standard 1920x1080).

Any suggestions? I am desperate to get this working as a Mother's Day gift.