Posts by ruud

Okay, so was able to solve it following the hint of Markus.

The issue is not in the LibreElec bolighth service as ( heitbaum pointed out) that is working correct,

so the issue is in the Kodi Boblight addon.

do a ssh into your LE system

do

Code
    nano ./.kodi/addons/script.xbmc.boblight/resources/lib/tools.py

Then change line 118 from:

Code
    return get_libname(platformstr)

to:

Code
    return "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.multimedia.boblightd/lib.private/%s" % (get_libname(platformstr),)

Important: as this is python watch the correct number of spaces / indentation

Leaving this here for if somebody else has the same issue.

Note that this is not a real solution but a work-around.

I do not think that the kodi boblight package (https://github.com/bobo1on1/script.xbmc.boblight) is maintained any more, last change in that repository dates back to 2017

Hi, so on LE 11 (and all previous versions) boblight was working correct, this was a 'simple' upgrade.
    The issue here is that libboblight.so should be loaded. This is normally loaded via /usr/lib but in LE there is no fysical or symlinked libboblight.so in that directory, so it fails.

Is there a way to create that symlink in /usr/lib to the actual location: /storage/.kodi/addons/service.multimedia.boblightd/lib.private/libboblight.so

Hi everybody,
    long time LibreElec user, first time forum poster :)

This morning I upgraded my setup to LibreElec 12.0.0 Legacy Generic.

When starting up LibreElec I get a message from Bob, Boblight that is, telling me that it could not start and that I should read the readme.

I have done some investigation and it looks like Bob requires libboblight.so to be loaded via /usr/lib

But in that location there is no libboblight.so. There is one in /storage/.kodi/addons/service.multimedia.boblightd/lib.private/libboblight.so

So I thought that as that .so file is not part of the image anymore I make a link to it, but that is not possible as /usr/lib is on a read-only squashfs

Does anybody here have a clue / hint on how to solve this and get Boblight working again?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Ruud