Posts by jonos

To answer your question:
    I am currently using a bare RPi5 powered by an official 27W Raspberry Pi PSU. No case.

The USBs being tested with are rather small (16 GB). But while FAT32 does never lead to any problems, when formatted with NTFS this clearly breaks LibreELEC.

However, when testing these USBs separately on either Windows machines or Raspberry OS (using RPi4 in this case) the NTFS devices gives no problems at all.

So clearly LibreELEC is less "forgiving" about my NTFS USB devices than the standard Raspberry OS.

Thanks for bearing with me and answering my questions so far. I will attempt to do some more testing and see if I can come up with a log file. And I will look more into whether power might be a culprit.

I apologize for leaving out some important information here.

I am using an official 27W Raspberry Pi PSU.
    I should also add that the USB stick is formatted as NTFS (capacity 64 GB).

I am pretty sure I did use the VERY same stick on a
    LibreELEC-RPi5.aarch64-11.95.1.img, same hardware RPi5, without any issues (or am I getting senile?? :) )

Using the very same NTFS stick on a RPI4 with Raspberry OS (nod KODI) is working fine.

Anyway, I reformatted a new USB stick with FAT32, and did the same tests as reported above.
    No issues at all!

So - from my point of view - this appears to be a NTFS-related issue. Is NTFS not supported???

I am (trying to) run the latest
    LibreELEC-RPi5.aarch64-12.0.0.img
    on Raspberry Pi5.

There appears to be a problem if one has a USB memory stick (with video contents) connected to one of the USB ports.

If starting up the system without external USB everything boots fine.
    If starting WITH USB stick attached the screen fills with errors (crash).

If entering the USB stick after having booted, then the screen tends to freeze (after a while) and the system becomes unresponsive.
    No video contents on the USB stick appears available.

If entering the USB stick after having booted, and then shutting down (from the Kodi front-end screen symbol) she screen fills up with errors (crash).

The USB stick is tested on a Windows machine and appears to be working fine.