Posts by haui111

I'm seeing the same issue (Raspi 4)

It is definitely triggered by the ads in a stream. If I watch a stream that I subscribe to (doesn't have ads) there is no issue.

If I disable 'allow hardware acceleration with DRM PRIME' then the freezes don't happen, but there is a loss in quality. I guess it is something to do with switching to a different video 'mode' when the ads start.

I wonder who developes the hw accelerated codec?

Thanks for mentioning it. I was thinking I'm the only one. Also, the add creator didnt reply to my question. Will try again after I recently updated everything again (which helped with youtube).

Hello community!

I use LibreELEC and Kodi for a couple months now and it is great! I love it so much that I started developing my own plugins for Kodi.

Anyway, the issue why I came to the forum is recently my pi started freezing when watching twitch with the kodi twitch addon. Here are the base facts:

- When watching twitch, it freezes occasionally, mostly on streams that have midroll ads enabled

- It doesnt freeze on other apps, i.e. Youtube

- It doesnt freeze on streams that definitely dont have midroll ads

- when it happens, the stream just stops, the picture stays visible, no sound and my tv remote doesnt work anymore. I tried the mobile app but to no avail

I have seen issues on github but it was unclear to me if it was the same issue I have. Also, I'm not sure if I'm even at the right place since its likely a kodi issue but I figured since the whole system is affected, I'd start asking here.

I added a log which I made with the pastelog function. kodi.log I can read logs but I couldnt really find the issue there. Also the last freeze was late at night so maybe something is with the timezone. Lmk if I need to adjust something and send a new log.

Thank you in advance for reading and have a great day.