Posts by unixnode

Hi community,

everybody asks what pi to use for libreelec - I wanted to take a different approach.. :D
    As my next av receiver is up to enter my building I wanted to ask for some recommendations for best interoperability between libreelec on raspberry pi (doesn't matter if now on 4b or maybe 5).

I just had a Onkyo TX-NR7100 at home and it's didn't work like my old Yamaha RX-V775.
    The screen didn't upscale to fullscreen... beside that I really had difficulties with the receiver with airplay and I was a little bit frustrated..

Maybe I would have been happy in the end with configuration adjustments ... but because of some other inconvenciences I returned the av receiver.
    As I read now about ppl having problems with Denon X2800 X3800 models I was a little bit careful now in trying out the next model.

Most of the content is 1080p that I watch, Dolby, DTS should be running without any issues...
    If the new combo would be capable to handle UHD content with Dolby Vision or HDR10+..

The different audio streams should be send via passthrough to that av receiver.

From what I understood from Chewitt is: RPi4 makes hardware decoding of H264 while the RPi5 sofware decodes it.
    But it decodes HEVC (h265) in hardware, correct?

So if I would switch from RPi4 to RPi5 I would still be able to watch my old 1080p h264 content decoded in software and newer stuff in HEVC in UHD 3840 x 2160..
    No I don't have one of the newest tv and things like DV and HDR10+ are not yet in range for me to use.

So getting back to my question..
    Is here anybody who could give me a suggestion of what would be a good replacement for my old Yamaha RX-V775?

It should be in the range of 800-1200 euros at around rather than close to 2k :P

I must confess I didn't look in the market of the newly developed tv / video streaming and display standards so I was a little bit overwhelmed by what is available regarding dolby atmos, dts:x, auro 3d, imax enhanced...
    And now I am little bit helpless :) but don't want to invest in something that will be not usefull soon.

Best regards,
    Unixnode