Posts by iamiub

Thanks, but I think that the I probably need to put this on a USB drive, call it "cfgload" and add a reboot to it. ie something like:

Shell session
    # cat > cfgload.txt << __EOF__
    defenv
    saveenv
    run storeargs
    sleep 2
    reboot
    __EOF__
    # bin/mkimage -C none -A arm64 -T script -d cfgload.txt cfgload

While it may not be possible to know exactly why the stock image is not booting it is possible to deduce that for some reason, it is likely that the state of the eMMC is affecting the LibreELEC boot sequence.

For instance, by modifying the s905_autoscript and runnig mkimage (going from memory here) -T script etc... I manage to get a reboot loop going, as the Android TV splash screen disappears for a second and then re-appears. We could therefore deduce that the Amlogic uboot is reading the USB and the script on the USB? Would you not agree?

And by replacing the kernel, image and dtb files onto a booting CoreELEC configuration and having the device boot up, would you not agree that the only difference here is almost certainly the LibreELEC script?

Anyhow, this issue isn't affecting me any longer as I have worked around it. I appreciate you help and for pointing me to the sources.

I believe that it should at least boot up past that splash screen and at least not sit at the android tv screen.

I cannot really solder a few wires on the box to get serial output and as CoreELEC no longer supports the eMMC (actually does LibreELEC support the eMMC or has that been disabled in the DTB also?) for this device I will try to remove the first line and see if I can force a USB boot.

Are these scripts compile the same way as other uBoot scrips? I have forgotten the command to produce the .scr file.

I have an m8s plus dvb 1G box that I am trying to boot using LibreELEC. Is this supported? I have downloaded the LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0.6-box.img.gz and installed this onto a USB. I end up with two GPT partitions one is the fat with label LIBREELEC and the other is an ext4 filesystem with label STORAGE. I then change the uEnv.ini file on the fat partition to point to meson-gxl-s905d-mecool-m8s-plus.dtb. When I boot this USB device I don't get past the Android TV splash screen from the boot loader on the device (not sure where this is stored).

There is no android installed on the eMMC as this was blown away with by an old CoreELEC install. Unfortunately, CoreELEC doesn't include support from the eMMC any longer but CoreELEC with happily boot up.

I guess my first question is if this device is supported (without the DVB drivers) and secondly what is the boot priority?