Posts by vbs

Sorry for not mentioning that I am using analog output. I thought it doesn't matter cause some days ago I thought to also have the problem via HDMI. But yesterday I could not reproduce it on HDMI audio output anymore.

Anyway, the passthrough setting does not make a difference for me on the analog output. I think that is expected though. Thanks anyway!

Ahh, sorry "jaun.mkv" actually is not the file in question. That was just a misclick of mine. The file in question is "test_copy.ts".

Also some more points to add:

* it also happens when watching live TV from my Vu+ (not only limited to recorded files)

* the problem did not occur when I was using an Intel Atom based machine. It popped up after switching to RPi4. So I assume the problem is specific to RPi4

* the problem goes away when deactivating hardware accleration "MMAL" in Kodi options. But since I assume decoding is done by the CPU then I would like to avoid that

I recently switched from an Intel NUC to a Raspberry Pi 4. In general it is working fine but with videos recorded with my Vu+ Cable Receiver I get distorted/broken sound.

I recorded a video here (best to hear end the end of the video):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e9ehjhl69n16fzz/20191129_120257.mp4?dl=0

The videos in question are TS-files using H.264 video with AC-3 sound. This is a short clip that shows the problem on my RPi 4:

Dropbox - test_copy.ts - Simplify your life

I fiddled around with ffmpeg to find out what the problem is and found out that the problem disappears when reencoding video (also with H.264 (!)). When I reencode to H.264 video using this command:

Code
    ffmpeg -i "recorded_video.ts" -acodec copy -vcodec h264 -ss 00:00:00 -t 00:00:40 test_h264.ts

This is the result:

Dropbox - test_h264.ts - Simplify your life

Then that video play fine. So maybe it is somehow related to the encoded video that also affects audio playback?

Here is a Kodi debug log file from playing the problem video:

http://ix.io/236g

Can anyone help? Thanks!

Hello gentlemen,

I have a problem that my audio is not in sync with video (around 100-200 ms off). I have learned that Libreelec configures a default audio delay of 175 ms for 24p video:

I am wondering what the background of this is? Is it to compensate for video processing delay in the TV? When connecting the Kodi device directly to a TV then I would assume that the TV handles video processing delays internally anyway so that audio and video will be in sync anyway?

So for which scenarios is this default delay meant? When using an AVR between Kodi and TV? I was also surprised that the delay is only for 24p material.

Can someone give me hints about this please? Thanks!

I have an Intel NUC and I am having the same problem (latest Libreelec, installed yesterday). When I boot Kodi I have no movie-database while the log is saying:

Code
    ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos99 [2003](Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.2.33' (101))

The database is running fine and I am not using name resolution as I entered the IP address into the advancedsettings.xml. I have enabled the "Wait for network"-option but I think it still does not wait long enough.
    When I kill Kodi with "killall -9 kodi.bin" then it will restart with same settings but now the mysql database works fine. So for me it looks like a timing problem on boot, no?
    [hr]
    Well, it seems I have it working now: The default 10 seconds delay was just not enough it seems (naughty NUC being too fast). I have increased it to 30 seconds and now MySQL seems to be working reliably. Too bad to lose >10 seconds when booting because of this :(